Job description / Role
The role supports the Program Manager with all product launches for 3 brands from approximately 2 years prior to Start of Sales within the Middle East region. The person will lead a cross-functional launch team on selected product launches from approximately 1 year prior to launch and be responsible to complete Program Management related launch tasks for the complete product portfolio.
- Lead a cross-functional team on the completion of all tasks/ deliverables required to achieve successful launches for every annual product update, whilst monitoring risks to Production and launch timing’s.
- Provide support to the Program Manager to achieve successful launch executions on new product launches throughout the planned period/s.
- Actively support the Program Manager with unique launches.
- Own/Support timely product reporting deliverables to Leadership on a monthly and Adhoc basis to provide transparency on challenges that could impact launch timing and success.
- Maintain an accurate list of all deliverables for all product launches in the Middle East region regardless of product scope within the Program Management process.
- Manage/support cross-functional Manufacturing Validation Build volumes, ordering, build scheduling and approvals for all products.
- Other tasks as deemed appropriate to accomplish the job requirements
- Own/Support timely product reporting deliverables to Program Management Leadership on monthly and Adhoc basis to provide transparency on challenges.
- Escalate program challenges to Program Management Leadership as required to resolve roadblocks at the Source plant.
- University degree in Business, Engineering or related discipline. Strong preference for post-graduate education (Diploma or Masters)
- At least 5 years automotive experience with strong cross-functional operational experience/knowledge, exposure to senior Management, supported by good product knowledge within the automotive industry
- Strong Project Management skills
- Excellent computer skills (especially SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation, influence & interpersonal skills
- Action Oriented
- Problem Solving
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Managerial Courage
- Organizational Agility
About the Company
General Motors Company (NYSE:GM, TSX: GMM), one of the worlds largest automakers, traces its roots back to 1908. GM and its strategic partners produce cars and trucks in 31 countries, and sell and service these vehicles through the following brands: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Holden, Isuzu, Jiefang, Opel, Vauxhall and Wuling. GMs largest national market is China, followed by the United States, Brazil, the United Kingdom, Germany, Canada and Russia. GMs OnStar subsidiary is the industry leader in vehicle safety, security and information services.
With its global headquarters in Detroit, GM employs 209,000 people in every major region of the world and does business in more than 120 countries. GM is headquartered in four major locations: GM Europe; North America (GMNA); South America; and GM International Operations (GMIO) is located in Shanghai, China. GMIO covers Asia Pacific and Middle East.
GM Middle East started in 1920s and the brands that are sold in the region are Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC supported by a unique set of customer-focused services. GM parts and accessories are sold under the GM Parts and ACDelco brands. The regional office in Dubai covers the companys operations in Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Yemen in 20 dealerships.
GM has 2 facilities here in Middle East one is in Dubai World Trade Centre and the other, Middle East Distribution Corporation, which is located in Jebel Ali.