Job description / Role
Global Village is currently looking to hire a Civil Engineer as Assistant Project Manager to join its Projects & Development department. This is a one year consultancy agreement (extendable). Below are the main scope and responsibilities of the position:
• To comply with Global Village Vision & Mission.
• To integrate work ethic to reflect Global Village Values ( Safety, Integrity, Innovation, Guest Orientation, Commitment, Excellence)
• Ensure compliance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) requirements.
• To control cost and quality for all assigned projects of the department
• Inter departmental follow-ups and closure of work or assigned task as per department head direction.
• Create and maintain an overall project plan and communicate tasks, milestone, and status including resource allocation.
• Coordinate with suppliers and vendors to ensure projects are in alignment within the scheduled timelines.
• Optimizing productivity of inter, intra and cross functional departmental deliverable
• Provide technical support to design team for all development tasks.
• To acquire Authority approvals and follow-up on documentation for project closeout.
• To assist, lead and manage construction, fabrication and execution of projects assigned to department.
• To assist and manage Implementation of policies, systems, processes and procedures in GV and ensure consistent and systematic application of project management practice.
• To provide risk mitigation plans and solve problems arising during design, construction and handover stage of projects. Also raise red flags during various stages of project
• To estimate project budgeting for all the development assigned to department
• To prepare, schedule, coordinate, monitor, update progress status and identify risk for all assigned engineering projects
• Micro manage and track contractors and sub-contractors work.
• Carrying out task identified by reporting department and management for day to day activity.
• Liaising and Co-ordinate with the different department for resolving technical and project implementation concern
• Carrying out periodic inspection for civil construction, Mechanical and infrastructure work and ensure Quality control and Quality assurance
• Ensuring execution of work as per specification, Local Standard and Issued for Construction drawings
• Carrying out Quantity Estimation and preparation of BOQ’s and payment certification
• Identifying right Vendor/Subcontractor for projects.
• Producing daily report like DSR, RAR, MOM, payment certification etc…
• Coordinating with project administrator on QS and requisition
• Supporting department in raising requisition & PO as per requirement and work demand.
• To support department in approving MIR and issuing NCR for any or all non-conformities
• To support department in creating method statement and guidelines
• To review and generate RFQ/RFP for assigned projects and development
• To analyze change request, variations for Cost, Time and Quality impact and report to department head.
• Should have strong technical ability to design, Analyze, Supervise and manage assigned project
• Should have troubleshooting skills for addressing day to day site activity
• Leading & Managing Change request
• Ability to handle project without direction
• Results Management
• Construction Management
• Resource Management
• Statutory Approvals and coordination
• Project Delivery
• Compliance to policies and procedure of functional role
• MS office
• Microsoft Projects or Equivalent scheduling software’s
• Primavera will be added advantage
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
• Degree/Diploma in Construction Management/ Project management
• Master Degree with Specialization will be an added Advantage
• PMP certification will be added advantage
• Must have worked minimum 8-10 Years in managing and executing macro and micro project from initiation to handover.
• Must have worked with Consultant/Contractor and must have minimum 5Yrs Experience in UAE.
• Must have dealt with statutory approval procedure and should have complete awareness of local guideline & statutory requirement
• Should have exposure to planning and monitoring of project resource and cost control
• Ability to handle immense pressure on deliverable
• Ability to manage multiple projects of high value.
About the Company
Arab Media Group (AMG) is a Dubai, United Arab Emirates, based entertainment company, a new business vertical of Dubai Holding. AMG is one of the region’s leading entertainment organisations, covering radio broadcasting, event management, and family entertainment. With a vision inspired by innovation, AMG is positioned as an engaging premier integrated entertainment company, managing Global Village, Arabian Radio Network and Done Events. Founded in March 2005, AMG has a workforce of just under 400 staff across its two Dubai-based offices.