Job description / Role
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240 000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences
Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion
Raffles the Palm
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
Reporting directly to the Director of Revenue Management, we are looking for an Assistant Revenue Manager to join our enthusiastic, energetic team. If you are looking for a growth opportunity in a fast-paced luxury city property, this is the job for you.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring that inventory allocation and pricing parameters are positioned to support the overall revenue goals of the hotel.
- Maximizing net room revenue contribution through a thorough understanding of all booking channels and management of inventory and rate therein.
- Ongoing education of Reservations and Front Office ensuring revenue management concepts are understood
- Monitoring demand and recommend selling strategies.
- Conducting regular audits of PM, GRC, GDS, ensuring accuracy of rates, package information and availability.
- Monitoring and executing rate strategies using inventory management tools [CRS, PM, etc].
- Working with Revenue Management Team to determine effective and engaging rate offers (packages) which are then offered to the right customer in the right channel.
- Is engaging and supports the hotels selling strategy in all distribution systems.
- Completes all rooms and revenue forecasting in the absence of the Director of Revenue Management.
- Works with DOSM and Sales Team members to encourage strategic selection of the right piece of business, using the Fairmont guidelines.
- Tracking competitive set pricing and yield strategies, understanding the comp set's reaction to changes in the marketplace.
- Preparing materials for the weekly Revenue Management Meetings and follows the Fairmont guidelines for meeting content.
- Preparing timely revenue summaries as required by the Revenue Management Team.
- Overseeing the input of contracted wholesale space for each season.
- Reviewing and providing feedback on commentaries for each market segment.
- Recording, maintaining and analyzing current, historical and statistical data
- Participating in the planning processes for the hotel budget, marketing and strategic plans.
- Providing leadership and guidance to the reservations team.
- Monitoring to ensure telephone sales techniques are employed in such a way as to support our selling strategies and driving customer loyalty.
- Ensuring a clean and safe working environment in accordance to health regulations and adhere to all Fairmont Environmental policies and procedure
- Must display strong analytical, organizational and administrative skills to be able to deal with multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must be flexible with the ability to sustain a high level of productivity and efficiency at all times.
- Proven leadership, organizational and guest service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Property Manager (Opera), MFR (Opera CRS), Excel, Word, Outlook and SalesNet (Delphi)
- Degree in Hotel /Hospitality in Management a plus.
- Previous Reservation/Front Office experience.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, PM, & CRS.
- Proven leadership skills, experience managing colleagues a plus.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Adapt to change quickly and strong multi-tasking.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.