Job description / Role
Every day, around the world, people reach for Unilever products. Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we've grown into one of the world's most successful consumer goods companies. In fact, 150 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product.
Look in your fridge, or on the bathroom shelf, and you're bound to see one of our well-known brands. We create, market and distribute the products that people choose to feed their families and keep themselves and their homes clean and fresh.
Our Corporate Strategy aims to double the size of our business while reducing our environmental impact by 2020. As a result, in the months and years to come, we envisage many opportunities for our staff to progress and gain vital experience. It's never been such an exciting time to join the Unilever team.
· Department: Food Solutions
· Job Position: Assistant Sales Manager
· Reports to: Distributer Sales Manager - UAE
· Location: UAE
Main purpose of the role:
· To recruit, manage, develop and expand customer base while increasing F&B SKU's per operator via UFS distribution partners in the UAE
· Coordinates activities with all essential functions (internal/external), and manages team to ensure efficient delivery of all assigned KPI's
· Manages distribution partners to achieve sales targets and other KPIs
· Builds relationships with partners to become their trusted advisor
· Provides customers with solutions based on their needs, macro environment, and the UFS product portfolio
· Provides win-win solutions for customers and UFS
· Helps distributers increase revenue and/or efficiency in their establishment
· Ensures UFS products are available via strategic partners
· Manages team to help them achieve targets
· Takes calculated risks and can negotiate contracts
· Can work with distributer sales reps to creat solutions to problems & opportunities
· Makes financial profitability based decisions
· Internal: Marketing, Supply Chain, and Finance
· External: Distribution partners, Joint Ventures, Traders, Procurement managers, and other Decision makers
Relevant Skills and Experience needed:
· 3+ years' experience in sales
· 2+ years' experience working in the UAE market
· Background in sales, trade, business management, post-sale relationship management
· Demo skills
· Account management
· Buyer seller agreements, forecasting, (food and beverage is a plus)
· Fluent in English, Arabic is a plus
· Excellent command in Microsoft applications
· Selling and analytic skills
· Driving license
· Team management
· Passion for growth
· Interpersonal sensitivity
· Team player
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.