Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for an ELV/Security Systems Associate to join our Dubai/Sharjah offices. The ideal candidate will have proven experience and industry recognized qualifications in the ELV, Security System and building technologies sectors.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Lead, manage, contribute to, and coordinate with engineering teams that design and deliver high-quality methods and solutions for a diverse range of infrastructure and building projects, working with a broad spectrum of building technologies.
* Manage the production of design deliverables at each stage of the project (including specifications, drawings, calculations and reports), ensure the integrity of the overall design (in collaboration with other design disciplines), quality assurance and client feedback
* Steer consultations with clients to understand their technology needs, translating them to high-level options, conceptual approaches, technical recommendations and estimates to support the transition of system designs into operations meeting those needs.
* Have a strong understanding of contracts, triple constraints (scope, time, cost) and project deliverables.
* Demonstrate experience of achieving authority approvals across the GCC i.e. SIRA, ADMCC, MOI KSA, etc.
* Develop and maintain strong client and manufacturer relationships, enhancing business development opportunities within country and region.
* Experience in preparing design proposal focusing on security/ICT related works.
* Undertake technical site surveys, construction management & supervision activities, and audits of Security System and site-work including final authority approval process.
* Manage own workload, help & assist with technical development of junior staff.
* Undertake review of Security Risk Assessment and related strategy reports
* Good understanding of:
+ Physical & technical security system
+ ICT/ ELV Systems design
+ Design understanding and experience of dedicated security networks
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Open to new ideas and new ways of working.
* Leverages our global expertise and knowledge.
* Embraces diversity of nationalities, cultures and perspectives.
* Challenges the status quo, always strives to improve and has a continuous improvement mindset.
* Demonstrates a sense of personal ownership and responsibility for achieving the results of Clients and WSP.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Team leader and mentorship
* Bachelor of Engineering / Science degree in (Electrical / Electronics / Telecommunication) or equivalent qualification with 12+ years post-graduate experience.
* Recognized security system/ICT industry and manufacturer certifications and qualifications such as ASIS membership or such.
* Proficient in systems design and project management of ICT / ELV systems, i.e., Data Networks, Video Surveillance System, Access Control, Intrusion Detection System, Physical Security measures like road blocker, bollard, etc.
* Adept at MS Office.
Experience of software design tools (AutoCAD, Revit, etc.).
What's in it for you?
What if we can have a work-life balance?
What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are?
Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends, or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time, or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first-class medical cover, generous days of annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture that respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP.
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program, and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas), and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.