Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We have a requirement for well experienced Associate Director Fire Consultant? to join our team in the Middle East, to work on high-profile new build and refurbishment projects. Successful candidates will have a proven background in a senior role as a high-end Specialist in the Fire consulting designer environment with in the GCC.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Lead QA/QC process of technical delivery by the team.
* Assist in continuous ways of innovating and delivery fire and life safety related works. Developing means to ensure technical excellence while improving the final deliverables. Recommendation on changing the way of working to ensure a high standard of design.
* Mentor members of the team. Identify gaps in technical expertise, propose plans or training to remediate gaps.
* As part of the QA/QC and design process, assist to ensure the design is buildable and safely maintainable.
* Play a key role in integration of fire and life safety code consultaing with fire protection/fire alarm design. Help develop a road map on how a two year integration can be achieved.
* Take initiative and responsibility in driving all aspects of fire and life safety during the design process, coordinating with multiple stakeholders and disciplines.
* Identify and manage project risks and stakeholder expectations
* Propose innovative ways of working to the team and the company
* Ensure projects are delivered within budget Direct liaison with approving authorities, lead technical discussions for approvals of various projects.
* Client care and ensuring projects are delivered on time in accordance with client expectations.
* Communicate with all stakeholders and understand the interaction between design, functionality, architectural design, budgets.
* Lead business development activities - preparation of scope and fee proposals, client care to secure RFPs, and client liaison for fire and life safety and other WSP opportunities where possible.
* Raise the profile of our team - local and regional presentations/conferences, technical papers.
Where required, lead own projects with assistance from other FLS team members. This includes design, inspections, due diligence, or risk assessmetns to include the following:
+ Fire life safety design - strategy development
+ Fire protection systems inspections
+ Fire protection systems design reviews
+ Fire alarm inspections and design reviews
+ Fire stopping inspection/audit
+ Risk assessment in accordance to applicable codes and standards.
+ Integrated testing and commissioning of fire life safety systems
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* 15+ years of experience in the fire and life safety field.
* University degree from an accredited institution
* Local (UAE) and regional experience in the authority approvals process.
* Excellent understanding and ability to interpret and apply the UAE Fire Code; NFPA (1, 3, 4, 13, 14, 20, 25, 72, 80, 92, 96, 101, 415, 2000, 5000); IBC, IFC ; Saudi Building Code
* Local experience in large scale multi use project
* Local experience in master plan projects
* Local expertise for infrastructure related projects
* High rise and super high rise experience
* Fire and Life Safety existing building compliance audits
* Fire risk assessment
* Understanding of on-site fire system installation and compliance to codes and standards.
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.