Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Ecommerce Associate Business Analyst to join a leading retail group in the middle east, working as part of the IT Services team. You will work in the Ecommerce product team to support the development of ecommerce features for a variety of the Group's ecommerce sites. Formally the role includes: to elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of project stakeholders. Also including interviewing stakeholders, document and workflow analysis, requirements workshops, software selection, business process definition and use case production
You will act as the conduit between the business users and the development teams, ensuring that project deliverables are met according to the agreed and documented business requirement, and supporting the change around the deployment of new features and processes.
What you'll be doing:
- Accountable for the guidance, successful implementation and support of the eCommerce platform throughout many of the Group's ecommerce sites
- Understand and support the overall eCommerce strategy through partnership with Customer Experience and the key business stakeholders.
- Lead requirements gathering, analysis and verification meetings and ensure final requirement statements are accurate, verifiable, consistent, feasible and comprehensive.
- Develop alternative views of solutions for the review of Business and Technical teams as appropriate.
- Design high level process flows and provides project leadership to implement defined requirements.
- Partner with the technical teams to ensure new technical requirements and changes continue to meet business expectations.
- Communicate progress and challenges across multiple functional teams and stakeholders. Effectively present and communicate with stakeholders and articulate a technical design in business terms to ensure timely delivery and progress.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making and conflict resolution.
- Write, coordinate and execute test cases for Functional Testing, Systems Integration Testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) against documented criteria that proves out scenarios and identifies defects for issue tracking and resolution.
- Create, coordinate and deliver training to ensure end-user readiness (e.g., documentation, demos, videos, etc.).
- Provide for the ongoing creation and maintenance of platform documentation.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Ideally an undergraduate degree
- Experience in design, development, implementation and maintenance of a global eCommerce platform
- Knowledge of ecommerce platforms and different development environments
- Focus on web requirements and design
- Good grasp of ERP methodology, preferably Oracle
- Full understanding of order management/ customer fulfillment in an eCommerce context
- Knowledge and experience of major integration points between eCommerce platform with Order Management, Warehouse/Shipping management and financials.
- Ability to analyze business needs and perform the bi-directional translation of complex business and technical theories to a variety of audiences
- Good understanding of business processes to develop reporting based on requirements, metrics and KPIs
- Clear understanding of emerging technologies and enhancements that will allow processes improvements and enhanced business functionality
- Excellent organizational skills, with proven success in managing multiple priorities and projects
- Ability to influence others without a direct reporting relationship in order to achieve desired results
- Must have a strong customer service orientation and the ability to work with individuals in various organizational relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with varied audiences
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.