Job description / Role
• Providing legal support primarily to business units within the boundaries of all Media Zone Authority Abu Dhabi and UAE Federal Laws and internal governance.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Proactive member of the extended business teams, especially working with and supporting the production managers.
• Working with and advising the EDs, Directors, HODs and other members of the business units on the legal requirements of their departments and individual projects.
• Managing external support providers such as law firms and corporate investigation companies.
• Leading on commercial/strategy investment deals, with the guidance of the Director of Legal, including preparing drafts of the documentation, being the first point of contact for the internal client and other party and attending negotiations/meetings.
• Leading on the legal aspects of larger strategic projects/deals with support from the Director of Legal
• Managing legal input given on projects for the FTVS department and others where required.
• Providing continued support to Film & TV Services in all legal matters with particular focus on advising on legal and regulatory issues.
• Drives contract lifecycle from drafting through completion of the negotiation process, and/or contract execution.
• Manages contract change control process and related correspondence requiring legal input.
• Providing ad hoc legal support for all departments providing start-to-finish legal assistance on creative projects, and reviewing and drafting standard template agreements.
• Advising to ensure compliance with the Media Zone Authority regulations and policies.
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a range of production services, content and other commercial agreements.
• Attending internal and external meetings relating to various legal issues both within the UAE and abroad.
• Maintaining the legal database, including electronic storage of emails and documents.
• Reporting to the Director of Legal.
• Ensuring governance procedures are followed for sign off of legal
• Documents (required to initial sign off sheet for each legal document to
• Assessing, evaluating and advising on legal risks in projects/deals with the objective of appropriately managing risks to the business
• Excellent drafting and communication skills
• Strong negotiation skills and problem solving skills, ability to manage and prioritize heavy and variable workload
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to read contracts quickly and determine key issues
• Enthusiastic and hard-working 3 + years post qualification experience
• Commercial/media experience
• UAE law experience
• Upper second class honors degree or equivalent
• Legal Practice Course or equivalent
• Qualified solicitor or equivalent
• Masters or PgDL in relevant area of specialty
About the Company
Ignite Search & Selection is a leading Recruitment Agency in the Middle East. Ignite's team of specialist recruiters now works across a range of sectors including Legal, Digital/Technology, Retail/FMCG, Construction and Engineering.
We pride ourselves on given both clients and candidates expert market knowledge in our chosen sectors. We value getting a detailed understanding of our clients and candidates expectations to find the perfect fit for all parties.