Job description / Role
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today's businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM's clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client's organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Cloud Security Lead to join our Consulting and System Integration (C&SI) team in Middle East & Africa (MEA). You will play an instrumental role in building solutions and driving cloud security services business in the region. You are in tune with evolving hybrid cloud options, and well versed with its security implications. You have hands on industry experience and are comfortable with highly distributed hybrid architectures and must be able to rationalize security controls across these deployments. You will bring an agile approach and can break complex problems into simple solutions. You can effectively articulate technology architectures to business leaders with an executive-level pitch. You enjoy getting hands on latest technology and map to business outcomes.
As a cloud security lead, you will build effective solutions and work across competencies to driving cloud security signings. Apply a consulting approach towards hybrid/multi cloud security and compliance solutions. You will use knowledge gained from previous roles, experiences and engagements, IBM's intellectual capital, knowledge of the market/industry, and own research to address clients' security challenges. You have experience on how to engage clients in security discussions with "security as a business enabler''.
Projects are based across Middle East & Africa (MEA), often on client premises, so the ability and willingness to travel is an essential requirement.
- Work with business leaders, technology architects, solution designers, and vendors to design cloud security solutions that meet the business needs of the enterprise.
- Work across competencies and geographies to build solutions and drive pre-sales and delivery
- Proactively drive signing and revenue targets across the region
- Work with competency and geography leaders and build expertise in different competencies and regions.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for the organization to drive end-to-end cloud security architecture. Maintain overall industry knowledge on latest trends, technology, etc.
- Create security reference architectures for the public, private, and hybrid cloud initiatives.
- Analyze and design cloud application deployments and security strategy and processes.
- Demonstrate leadership ability to back decisions with research and the why, and articulate several options, with pros and cons for each, and a recommendation.
- Drive the security conversation and assist customers by providing deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to secure their workloads.
- Develop deep relationships with key customer decision makers, who drives cyber security solutions within their company.
- Coach other technical sellers and solutions to become expert in engaging in cloud security conversation with customers.
Technical Skills and Expertise
- Proven ability to design and implement secure cloud architectures that meet client business requirements, whilst delivering value, and incorporate appropriate and sustainable security controls based on cloud native security services as well as traditional approaches.
- Detailed knowledge of the cloud delivery, security and deployment models for IaaS, PaaS, CaaS offerings provided by at least one of IBM Bluemix, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud platforms.
- Working knowledge of key cloud security standards e.g. NIST, CIS, CSA, ISO.
- Experience with Software Defined Data Centre (SDDC) and Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN).
- Technical knowledge in three or more domains in cloud services context - Routing, Firewall policy, Anti-DDoS, Web Application Firewall, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Security Information and Event Management, Threat and Vulnerability Management, Identity and authentication, virtualisation, DevSecOps, micro services architecture.
- An understanding of Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) into SaaS services and integration of CASB to SOC/SIEM services.
- Has been working as an IT/Security architect for at least 3 years of which 1 year as Cloud Security Architect.
- Has experience creating cloud solutions in two or more Security Technologies including but not limited to Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Network Security, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection / Prevention, Anti Malware, Email Security, Web Content Filtering, DDoS Protection, Industrial Control Security, Mobile Device Security, Endpoint Detection & Response, Patch Management, Deceptive Technologies, Data Loss Protection, Application Security, Identity and Access Management, Governance Risk and Compliance
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve aggressive business objectives for signing and revenue.
- Analytical, pays attention to details, and makes decision based on data analysis and facts.
- Synthesizes complex business requirements and breaks them down in to an agile execution plan.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience working with and leading offshore teams
- Experience with IBMs suite of on-premise and/or cloud-based identity management tools.
- Certified in CISSP, SSCP, CISA or CISM
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.