Job description / Role
A global management consulting firm that consistently delivers big, rapid, sustainable results for clients primarily in the industrial sector is seeking an Associate Principal Level profile for their Dubai Office. The role has an MEA focus and could require substantial travel throughout the region.
The firm is built on the simple premise that clients are looking for bottom line results, not just ideas. They partner with their clients, coach them in real time, to create measurable and sustainable results. Their specialties include operations & business improvement, strategy, capital optimization, investment & acquisition and strategic sourcing.
Purpose & Responsibilities
As an Associate Principal, you are the frontline change for the client’s business. You have overall responsibility for delivering measurable improvements to the client site. You will manage a blend of consulting and client teams across improvement areas to achieve targeted results. Another key aspect of the role is for you to build strong client relationships with the senior leadership team.
- Your role is to model the activities required to ensure the client achieves sustainable results, coach your team, as well as the client Business Improvement Manager and the site leadership to do the same.
- You lead the problem-solving effort and ensure opportunities are rigorously prioritised to ensure the team’s effort is always aligned with the highest-value tasks.
- You kick off the following activities, demonstrating how they are done, and then increasingly to coach clients to do it for themselves:
- Prepare driver trees to identify key improvement levers and focus areas
- Prioritise effort according to value and ease of implementation
- Facilitate baseline identification and agree targets with stakeholders
- Develop and manage to aggressive implementation plans to achieve rapid results
- Regularly review progress of ideas with Managers and Implementation Facilitators, and escalate issues quickly to ensure they are addressed before they compromise results delivery
- Ensure the sustainability of improvements you deliver, by coaching the site senior leadership team to implement the wiring to ensure the new processes and behaviours become the path of least resistance.
An attractive remuneration package in line with the calibre and experience that this role demands is offered to the successful candidate. Bonuses and incentives reflecting performance are also part of the package.
AED 75,000 to 90,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: + bonus
- Excellent academic results
University degree or equivalent experience with a strong emphasis on quantitative skills, especially
- Mathematics / Science
- Double degrees and Postgraduate degrees are highly regarded in our firm
- MBA would be an advantage
- At least 4-5 years of consulting experience where you have also lead performance improvement. Or alternatively at least 5-7 years of experience in senior operation roles, with exposure to performance improvement ideally in mining/resources/heavy industry.
- Prior experience in a Top Tier Strategy & Management Consulting Firm.
- Demonstrated passion for results, with a track record of achieving tough targets under pressure
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including ability to structure and prioritise effort within an area, and ask the right questions to get to root causes
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to coach, influence and build trust with senior managers, and achieve results though managing a team, prioritising the professional development of team members
- Effective communication skills, including ability to construct compelling arguments supported by the right facts
- Show an ability to influence and multitask
- Ability to work in Middle East is required and candidates need to have a preparedness to travel extensively, including internationally including Africa.
About the Company
New Sourcing International (NSI) / Bluefin Talent have partnered so to offer a specialized recruitment solution within the Consulting and Financial services domains.
Working together as a specialist search and selection agency, we concentrate on blue chip financial services and strategy / technology consulting organizations across Europe and the Middle East; focusing exclusively on Financial Services, IT and Risk. Being niche allows us to offer a premium search service, tailored to overcome the technically challenging nature of recruitment for the specialist functions that we work.
We are dedicated to representing best of breed candidates in the region in our dedicated fields of employment. As such we are a leading outfit for placing ex-pats and internationally educated students in the region.
Our biggest unique selling point, is that we are steered by a dedicated team of ex-financial services and industry professionals. This allows us to offer a level of candidate pre-screening for roles, which is largely anomalous to the recruitment profession. Our ability to bridge the technical knowledge gap typical recruiters encounter, coupled with a thorough delivery process allows us to drive consistently superior results for our clients sourcing requirements. Designed to provide a fast and efficient turnaround, we minimize the use of internal resources our clients spend vetting inadequate profiles, allowing them to quickly get back to focusing on their strategic goals.
Our strength lies not only in the specialist nature of our firm, but also in the commitment we show towards our clients and candidates. We endeavour to build long-term relationships and recognise the crucial nature of communication throughout the recruitment process. Excellence, integrity, respect and transparency are cornerstone to the culture we promote.