Assurance Associate (Audit and Tax)
A Professional Public Accounting, Audit, Tax, And Advisory Firm
Job description / Role
The successful candidate must be driven to succeed, available for frequent local travel, and undertake a variety of indirect tax (VAT) compliance and consultancy services, and to a certain limit IFRS and financial statements audits and procedures, in an efficient and professional manner. Candidate must be meticulous and analytical. The role will be heavily client facing.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an experienced big 4 partner team. The team are driven to succeed and strive to provide real value to our clients.
• Plan and oversee the compliance and auditing process
• Perform effective risk and control assessments
• Complete audits on time and submit reports to auditing manager
• Present audit findings and find ways to increase compliance and efficiency
• Coordinate periodical audits
• Proven experience as an auditor
• In-depth understanding of auditing and control practices
• Updated knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
• Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel) and accounting software
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills
• Attention to detail
• Organizational and leadership abilities
• Integrity and reliability
• Working both independently and alongside partner and VAT Team to promote and manage the practice and VAT Consultancy services to the firm.
• Manage and facilitate routine VAT seminars to clients and potential clients.
• Prepare technical VAT documents and communications for clients.
• Frequent travel to client sites for VAT work/meetings.
• Working with finance and commercial teams to support on billing arrangements.
• Provide internal and external training to develop the team and clients.
• Provide VAT consultancy services to clients such as Outputs and Inputs Tax reviews and compliance;
• Contract reviews and; any ad-hoc work required by clients in order to meet their VAT statutory obligations.
• Support the expansion of VAT Consultancy Services and generate income through the achievement of sales targets.
• Comprehensive experience of the VAT guidelines and regulations in the UAE, and IFRS knowledge
• Good communication, coaching and presentation skills
• Excellent IT skills – in particular the use of Microsoft office applications
• Will have 3+ years progressive tax experience including a minimum of 1-2 years Indirect tax experience working in International Indirect tax.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics or Business Administration, VAT Diploma is a plus
• Progressive tax experience with some exposure to international transactional taxes in a Big 4 public accounting firm and/or a multinational corporation
• Professional certification in taxation and accounting, is a plus.
About the Company
A professional public accounting, Audit, Tax, and Advisory firm.
|Abu Dhabi||26 May|
A Leading Pharmaceuticals Company In The UAE
Senior Accountant - Receivable and Payable Accounts Experience
De Rigo Vision Middle East FZCO
Irwin & Dow