Job description / Role
Assurance - OAS - Financial Services - Risk and Prudential - Senior Manager
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Due to the rapid growth of in our Financial Services business, our Risk Assurance team currently has opportunities for ambitious and highly motivated Senior Managers with a proven track record of high quality delivery of client projects. We would like to hear from Senior Managers with experience of working with Financial Crime and Compliance background.
As a Senior Manager, you will work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive FS experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assisting in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and Partners
- Actively engage in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Design and support implementation of risk methodologies, metrics and reporting dashboards
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Assist in the management and delivering of large projects supporting transformation
- Keep up to date with current business and economic issues from the region and from across the world
- Lead teams and develop junior members of staff through training, coaching, mentoring and supervision
- Work with colleagues across PwC offices supporting our clients and internal initiatives
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Demonstrate extensive knowledge of advising and developing integrated solutions for risk management function at financial
institutions, including the following:
- Lead Financial Crime transformation programmes at FS organizations that cover end-to-end customer lifecycle;including Risk Assessment, Customer On-boarding and refresh, KYC standards re-definition, Customer risk rating redesign, Data cleansing and file remediation, Sanctions filter and Transaction Monitoring System optimization;
- Assess the AML/CFT risk of clients, particularly in the KYC, CDD, EDD processes, identify areas of concern and recommend practical improvements relating to AML/ CFT
- Prepare, review and update AML Policy, Procedures and Risk assessment whenever is required covering all aspects of the Financial Crime programme of clients
- Support the organization in developing, deploying and maintaining a robust compliance program by facilitating continuous monitoring of compliance risks and controls
- Support the organization in development and conduction of periodic risk assessments to identify and prioritize potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk
- Contribute to the periodic alignment/ update of policies and procedures across functions emanating from compliance best practices benchmarking, gap analysis and compliance diagnostic exercises
- Develop a response to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and standards of conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures
- Lead implementation of regulatory changes into business operations in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Develop and deliver Compliance and AML trainings to different business units and provide compliance risk expertise to projects and initiatives
- Assist our clients in embedding and sustaining an organization wide compliance culture
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- Education: Bachelor's degree in relevant subject areas such as Finance, Business etc.
- Industry accredited credentials - CAMS or ICA diploma in AML);
- 10 years of progressive experience in FS Consulting environment/ FS Industry;
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Proven IT skills in use of MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Projects, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.