Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
PwC Global Overview
With offices in 152 countries and almost 328,000 people, we are among the leading professional services networks in the world. We help organizations and individuals create the value they are looking for, by delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC has around 10,000 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
Our regional team with its tailored solutions, brings international experience, helping our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Line of Service Overview
Our Middle East Assurance practice includes over 2,300 people based in 12 countries across the region and is part of PwC's global network that is operating worldwide. PwC Middle East's Assurance practice combines the right mix of human-led and tech powered solutions to provide our clients with quality audits and other risk services that create confidence and impact in our region and across society.
What is expected from you?
Your job duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Identify and explore business opportunities for the PwC's Academy Middle East
- Respond to RFQs/ RFPs in a timely manner
- Plan approaches and pitches for RFQs/ RFPs. Work closely with the Director to develop proposals for training solutions
- Work with technical and administrative staff to develop client focused pitches
- Prepare engagement letters and agreements with clients
- Convert leads to confirmed courses as per the BD targets. Conduct the entire BD process from lead generation and negotiation, to closing and post-sales follow up
- Prospect and meet clients by growing, maintaining and leveraging your network
- Key personnel for client interaction, engagement and relationship building
- Conduct market research and related events in the industry including announcements, tracking competitors' activities to develop unique selling points and game changers for the business
- Ownership and maintenance of client and proposals repository
- Research and understand the firm and people's capabilities
- Review of newspapers/internet for new RFP's
- Liaise with Director to plan, organise and execute annual budgets. Provide trend analysis, and research for new product launches
- Prepare regular reports to identify and track the business pipeline, wins and losses, budgeted vs. actual sales
- Updating and maintaining CRM to ensure validity and completeness
- Adhering to compliance with the risk, quality and independence matters
- Developing internal and external relationships and reflecting PwC values on your day to day work when working in diverse teams
- Building and maintaining meaningful relationships with clients, and researching and identifying opportunities on new/existing client
- Engaging and dealing with diverse teams from the planning through the completion phase of the audit as well as closely following up on the progress of the requested tasks to ensure meeting the timeline and the firm's internal KPI's.
- Commitment to continuous education and digital upskilling
- Performing other procedures as necessary to support issuance of the assurance deliverables
What will you bring?
You are ambitious and get use of opportunities to grow and develop. In addition, you recognise yourself in the following characteristics:
- Add Any specific requirements (Education, certificates, years of experience)
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills that allow you to thrive in a team environment
- Bilingual proficiency in Arabic and English (oral and written) is a plus
- Business development and client relationship building skills
- Willingness to challenge the 'norms' and to create a cohesive and effective working team
- Excellent project management skills
- Knowledge in using technologies, and experience using Data Analytics tools is a plus
- Commitment to valuing differences and working alongside diverse people and perspectives
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviors that help us deliver our business strategy - that make up " The PwC Professional ".
The PwC Professional framework plays a significant role in outlining the capabilities needed by our people to flourish, learn and develop together as leaders at every level. The framework exists to support the development and career progression of our people, helping them to meet the expectations of our clients, colleagues and communities in today's changing global marketplace.
Why you'll love working for PwC
We're a business that leads with the heart and we prioritize our people. Led by our value of care, we find ways to help our people, our clients and one another. With PwC, you will ignite a meaningful career and will be provided with a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits designed to encourage your growth, like:
- A competitive remuneration plan in which you will be rewarded for your success and acknowledged for the value you provide to our company .
- We encourage an inclusive and diverse culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. This makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients.
- A flexible workframe to encourage work-life balance.
- We care about our employees' mental health and well-being by providing specialists to offer advice, as well as meditation, yoga, and other relaxation online sessions.
- Limitless opportunities for continuous learning and digital upskilling.
- A friendly atmosphere that encourages innovative mindsets, relationships development, and assisting others in growing and working in ways that bring out their best.
- A competitive Schooling allowance and insurance packages (As per PwC policy).
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.