Job description / Role
Join the team of the first LEGOLAND Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGO values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests.
With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine.
Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND we make every child a HERO!
Play Your Part
The Attraction Attendant is responsible to ensure the highest safety standards are achieved and maintained throughout the daily operation of the theme park and in particular on all rides and attractions operated by Attractions department, in accordance with Merlin safety standards.
They will ensure that the company standards and values are met and developed through working relationships with all levels within the department. To follow all procedures and training to ensure behavior where the health and safety of our guests and staff is of paramount importance while providing the highest standards of guest satisfaction, they will be expected to drive our key operating standards of Safety, Service, Quality and Efficiency within their level of influence.
- To become an Attractions Attendant staff should be well-trained by certified trainers of the department in order to deliver the necessary skills for each position.
- Skill levels must be audit ready at all times in order to exceed the highest standards of safety
- To understand and follow all Merlin Safety Standards, Standard Operating Procedures and Emergency Actions Plans in order to have in-depth knowledge of the operational requirements and protocols
- To operate the rides and attractions in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures in conjunction with the manufacturer's guidelines and recommended operational methods in order to ensure that all Guests are safe on the ride/s while maintaining highest customer service standards
- To exude a friendly, helpful and cheerful attitude while communicating effectively with guests and fellow colleagues
- To completely satisfy each guest by greeting, helping and protecting them while maintaining a professional appearance at all times and maintain overall cleanliness of the park in order to contribute to the success of the organization
- To clean all areas of the rides/attractions, walkways in order to maintain the highest standard of cleanliness and safety
- To report any safety concerns to management in order to maintain the highest standard of guest safety at all times
- To enforce facility rules and provide crowd control in a friendly manner throughout the ride areas as necessary in order to ensure the guest's safety and enjoyable experience
- To maintain a clean environment by picking up garbage inside the park and back of the house, in order to provide sanitary surroundings for our guests and colleagues
- Cooperating with management and following policies and procedure to promote a healthy and safe workplace
- Take reasonable care of their health & safety and individuals around them
- Reporting to work regularly and to notify the management if for any reason are unable to attend duties, according to the attendance policy
- To arrive on time and in full uniform, well groomed to perform daily task
- To perform other related duties that management team requires during daily operations.
Are You a Star?:
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- High school or equivalent level of education
- Experience in the leisure management industry for 1 or above years
- Proactive, responsible, team player, must be self motivated & result oriented
- Enjoys outdoor and indoor recreation activity and being around children
- Ability to adapt to situational changes and to adapt plans and schedules to accommodate changing needs of the operational season
- Must be self-motivated and must demonstrate initiative
- Good Listening skill
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Good communication of both spoken and written English is required
- You must be someone fun, energetic and REALLY good in entertaining.
The Best Part of The Story:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014