Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Clients & Markets
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Digital and Applications Design practice, within Application and Emerging Technology services, will provide you with a unique opportunity to help our clients identify and prioritise emerging technologies that can help solve their business problems. We help our clients design approaches to integrate new technologies, skills, and processes so they can get the most out of their technology investment and drive business results and innovation.
Our team helps organisations align their business and operational requirements through the careful design of digital platforms and applications. You'll help our clients with application optimisation, strategic integration of custom packaged solutions like Enterprise Resource Planning and Customer Relationship Management, and roadmap development.
The Emerging Technology Lab is a group of technologists with expertise in product development, rapid prototyping, and user experience design. We work with future technologies and help PwC stakeholders understand how these technologies can affect their work. We are an R&D group that builds functional prototypes that demonstrate the potential of future technologies.
What you'll do:
You will be engaged with our Emerging Technology team to build prototypes and solutions for internal teams.
As a technologist, you're expected to:
- Blend technical experience in product development, rapid prototyping, and user experience design with business perspectives from organizations, sectors, and industry.
- Help teams achieve their goals through rapid iteration, experimentation, and prototyping while maintaining organizational focus to apply past lessons to future endeavors.
Who you'll work with:
- You'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping PwC solve its complex business issues from strategy to execution.
- Proactively assist in the management of multiple internal projects, while reporting to Managers and above
- Train and lead staff
- Establish effective working relationships directly with PwC staff
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and global future technology trends
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing projects
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology Engineering or similar degree preferred.
- 2-5 years of professional experience in programming; experience applied to business problems is required
- Experience programming Python, SQL, Node.JS, R,
- Strong Experience working with Microsoft Azure Cloud Services
- Experienced on Big Data platform like Apache Hadoop, Hbase, Spark, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Natural language processing techniques and leading technologies;
- Machine learning algorithms and leading technologies;
- Web application design and application frameworks
- REST services and middle tier business layer design patterns;
- Relational databases and SQL;
- Database design, creation, manipulation and query;
- NoSQL datastores; and,
- Linux OS and development tooling as well as open source libraries.
- Proven record of individual leadership in a work setting or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success collaborating with a broad team of strategy, technology, creative, and production resources, especially coordinating project work with third-party partners and vendors.
- Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success identifying and addressing client needs, building solid relationships with stakeholders, developing an awareness of our emerging technology services,delivering clear requests for information, demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.