Job description / Role
G4S is currently looking for an experienced AutoCAD Engineer for our Electronic Security Systems Division. Reporting to the Project Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing design function in an efficient and professional manner and provide support to the Project Team. He/she will provide layouts, general arrangements and detailed technical drawings throughout the project lifecycle on AutoCAD and appropriate drawing tools in accordance with G4S ESS design requirements, quality standards and clients project specifications.
Responsibilities includes (but not limited to) the following:
• Provide design support to the Project installation department
• Prepare documents for submittals and quotations based on specification
• Prepare compliance statements
• Prepare drawing submittals
• Create tender specification and pricing
• Provide final costing to sales on the project is awarded
• Internal monthly reporting
• Maintain ISO formats and ensuring implementation including document control
• Ensure good relations are maintained with all members of staff at all levels
• Adherence to the Quality Management System procedures and its performance
• Degree/Diploma in Electrical or Electronics or equivalent from a reputable university
• Minimum of 3 years AutoCAD experience in an Electronic Security Systems and communications environment and/or construction role.
• Diploma in AutoCAD or similar applications
• Strong English communication, written and verbal
• Advanced engineering and electronic equipment and operation skills
• Able to work flexible hours and be on call when required
• Methodical and organized
• Strong attention to detail.
About the Company
G4S UAE is the largest and fastest growing total security solutions provider. This rapidly growing list of products and services, along with the company's global backing, means that we are uniquely placed to provide quality security solutions throughout the United Arab Emirates.
G4S was the first security company in the UAE to start the detailed work to apply for, and achieve, accreditation to ISO 9001:2008. This involved the identification of all key processes and their documentation to form part of the Quality Manual and the Company was awarded the certificate early March 2003. Our Quality Management System is based on functional responsibilities and objectives being clearly defined to support the fundamental management principal that it is the responsibility of every individual in the organisation to deliver quality service to our customers. We are committed to maintaining the Quality Management System. The key strategic objective is to achieve continuous improvement and innovation in all aspects of our business process.