Job description / Role
DarkMatter is developing a suite of communication applications covering encrypted voice, instant messaging, email and other in-transit data. The primary purpose of the IT Department is to provide an excellent experience for our customers by the Agile delivery of the technology that they need in their everyday business lives. We aspire to be continually recognized as being the best IT operation in the Technology sector in the UAE, through delivering the Strategic Objectives of the organization.
As an Automation Developer, you will:
- Take ownership for all tasks assigned, from the point they are assigned until agreement is reached; ensuring completion and bringing tasks to a logical closure.
- Communicate and report proactively with colleagues, leadership and others in the organization by using appropriate means of communication
- Focus on time management by timely and quick completion of all allotted tasks; quick response to all communications; attendance in all meetings and appointments before the scheduled start time.
- Create, test, deploy, update, manage, support and retire Ansible and other Open Source based solutions, based on primarily Red Hat Linux.
- Develop Java based code within various product stacks to help customize and automate workflows
- Use APIs, ETLs and other tools to increase product integration and automation across a wide Windows and Linux based estate.
- Take requirements from Business Analysts/other sources to create Use Cases and User Stories where necessary and develop robust solutions around them
- Code solutions to match the functionality called out in Test Cases and be involved in the SIT and UAT process
- Development activities for the project and enhancements
- Assist in creating scenarios for UAT
- Implement change requests, tuning and debugging on the system (including ticket management)
- Update the knowledge base / ensure document management using Confluence, Jira, BitBucket
- Configuration and evolution of the Confluence, Jira and BitBucket environments when necessary.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Interact with the End User on specific incidents
Your personal dream could be the world's reality
At DarkMatter we believe that "impossible is only the beginning." That's why we empower our employees to create, not just their future at our company, but also the future of cyber security around the world. As a member of our growing team, you'll take your vision and use your creativity to produce the technology solutions of tomorrow. With the agility of a startup and the talent of an experienced firm, we'll connect you with like-minded colleagues ready to create what's next in the field. When the only constant in tech is change, shift your focus to the UAE and lead the next development at DarkMatter.
To bring your dream to life, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 6+ years of experience in Development Operations
- Experience in Jenkins and Ansible is a must.
- Strong knowledge in Open Source, Java and Linux based technologies, Confluence & Jira.
The impossible is just the beginning at DarkMatter. An agile startup with a global mindset, we're innovating for our clients and securing them from tomorrow's threats today. We work across teams, geographies and industries to provide holistic, secure, trusted and integrated protection services in areas such as:
- Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Cyber Network Defense
- Managed Security Services
- Secure Communications
- Infrastructure & System Integration
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Test & Validation Labs
We created KATIM, the world's most secure smart phone and communications suite, and we're looking ahead to what comes next. Our rapidly developing digital reality demands we look at and implement cyber security in a different way than we have in the past, and we are at the forefront of this "sea" change.
Our people define us. They are talented adventurers who are shaping the tech landscape from Abu Dhabi with their considerable expertise and experience. For them, DarkMatter is a place where they can make their cyber security dreams come true. We embrace and foster the entrepreneurial spirit that propels our people and our company forward. Our industry is ever evolving, and so are we.
Working in Abu Dhabi
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working at DarkMatter. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.