Job description / Role
Air Arabia is first and largest Low Cost Carrier (LCC) in Middle East and North Africa. We fly you to over 170 destinations spread across the Middle East, North Africa, Asia and Europe. We offer our passengers a journey which is efficient reliable and offer great value for money across our network. The millions of passengers who have chosen to fly with Air Arabia have helped us make a difference and set a mark in the aviation industry internationally. Air Arabia is the first publicly listed airline in the region providing the carrier an independent path to growth and profitability. Air Arabia is not only committed to providing affordable air travel but is also dedicated to uplifting the lives of those who are less fortunate. Taking responsibility and lead on social needs of local and international communities has been part of our success.
• Please note that this application is in order to be part of the date base of Air Arabia.
• Currently we are not actively seeking for this position, but we are creating a base of talent for future opportunities.
• We encourage you to apply for the posted job to register you interest.
• Carries out and supervises Base-level maintenance tasks on Air Arabia and third party aircrafts within the CAR 66 'B1' License Category, ensuring the required work is performed, certified and recorded accurately and timely in accordance with Air Arabia and regulatory requirements.
Key Result Responsibilities
• Reviews assigned task cards with the Maintenance Manager Base & Workshops to gain full understanding of the work, priorities, documentation requirements and cautions, prior to starting work.
• Prepares and performs scheduled aircraft maintenance according to assigned task cards, ensuring that the required documentation, parts, tools and GSE are obtained and used per issued instructions.
• Carries out aircraft test and inspection tasks to the standard necessary to fully identify and record any defects or damage in accordance with approved maintenance procedures.
• Performs defect troubleshooting and rectification in accordance with Aircraft Maintenance Manuals and instructions provided by Engineering Department.
• Signs off maintenance tasks performed or supervised within the scope of own authorisation, verifying that the task card and associated documents have been completed to the required standard following completion of all maintenance.
• Manages communications with other Engineers and Technicians related to the assigned tasks, ensuring proper coordination, continuity and handover of work.
• Manages the safety of assigned maintenance tasks, ensuring all published mandatory precautions are taken prior to commencing work and during task execution.
• Takes positive steps to protect self and other persons in the area of the maintenance activity from any possible injury, including the use of proper GSE and protective equipment.
• Manages human factors aspects of maintenance, ensuring that the continuity of critical maintenance tasks is protected, by avoidance of task interruption and the proper use of handover procedures.
Reputation and Teamwork:
Internal Customer Service:
• Provides positive support to other operational teams in ABY, provides proactive and helpful professional advice, suggestions and solutions.
• Provides sound supervision and guidance of Technicians assigned to support own tasks. Ensures they are adequately briefed to perform the non-certifying maintenance tasks.
Representing Air Arabia:
• Presents a positive and competent image of technical professionalism to ABY Flight Crews, other companies' personnel and ABY customers.
• Maintains positive awareness to the cost of aircraft maintenance including use of time and materials.
• Minimizes unnecessary waste of consumable material and part repair cost by avoiding unnecessary damage and repeat work during maintenance.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages):
• Holds /has held an EASA Part 66 or GCAA CAR 66 B1 Aircraft Maintenance License and company maintenance approvals on the Airbus A320.
• Note: must commit to ensure any limitations removed from license within 9 months of induction.
• Ability to obtain an unrestricted GCAA CAR 66 B1 Category License.
• Able to demonstrate in-depth airframe and engine systems maintenance knowledge.
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English to a good standard for technical communications.
• Good computer skills (Microsoft Office).
• Ability to obtain a UAE driving license
• At least 2 years' experience certifying maintenance on the Airbus A320 family of aircraft.
• Licensed on A320 in B1 category.
• At least 5 years' experience in a? Base Maintenance environment.
About the Company
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa's first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.