Job description / Role
This is a new kind of hospitality, grounded in the spirit of discovery, the fantasy of nightlife and the adventure of connection. Hyde is more than a brand, it's a state of mind.
THE HYDE DUBAI
Hyde Hotels, Resorts & Residences, part of the world-leading Accor group; today announced the first Hyde hotel outside of the United States, Hyde Dubai Business Bay, in close proximity to the iconic Burj Khalifa directly fronting the Business Bay canal and promenade.
Hyde Hotel Dubai Business Bay, a five-star hotel, is set to open in Q4 2021. The 276-rooms, all with balconies, will be a mix of gracious standard rooms and luxurious suites with views of the Dubai Canal, the Dubai skyline and the iconic Burj Khalifa - the tallest building in the world.
Hyde Hotel Dubai will feature three incredible culinary experiences including the Mediterranean concept, Cleo Mediterráneo, contemporary Japanese from Katsuya, hand-crafted burgers from Hudson Tavern. Also on the property will be The Perq, a coffee concept, a lobby lounge, and Hyde pool & lounge as well as a spa, male/female salon, fitness center, a swimming pool and retail area. The hotel's public areas, guestrooms and Cleo will be designed by Ciarmoli Queda Studio. Katsuya, Hudson Tavern and Hyde pool and lounge to be designed by Tristan Plessis Studio.
To oversee and direct all aspects of the guests function to achieve the highest possible guest satisfaction
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and promote Hyde operational excellence.
- Direct all operational activities towards supporting the Hyde Dubai's Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
- Must know the standards set by Hyde Dubai standards.
- The ability to hire, train, motivate, discipline, direct and supervise the work of the employees in the department.
- Manage the Meetings operations
- Process all requisitions through FMC (Fidelio Materials Control) as well as purchase orders
- Prepare weekly staff schedule keeping in mind-anticipated business, existing budget and standards of service.
- To ensure that Banquet is managed successfully as an independent profit center.
- To ensure that the Department Operational Budget is strictly adhered to
- Develop weekly Meeting Center duty roster and station plan.
- Handling of guests complains.
- Ensuring of service standards during operations and also to give training and guidance.
- Performs opening/ closing duties as assigned. (Check list)
- Meeting Room maintenance and housekeeping.
- To update and disseminate relevant information to Meeting Centre employees.
- Assist in employees' development, counseling and resolving staff conflict.
- Welcoming the guests, assist & lead them to the meeting room.
- Ensure maximum guest satisfaction through personal recognition and prompt cordial attention from arrival through departure.
- Monitor Meeting Center personnel to ensure maximum guest satisfaction through personal recognition and prompt cordial attention.
- Manage and provide direction for day-to-day operation and administration of all components of Meeting rooms.
- Supervise and coordinates any requests from the guest concerning meeting rooms.
- Is fully aware of the Credit policy.
- Be attentive to guests and resolve their complaints where possible, reporting all incidents to your Supervisor.
- Sign in and out in the logbook before and after shift.
- Learning of safety, sanitation and hygiene policies.
- Participation in internal training and necessary meetings.
- Have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all food and beverage items in the menu.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of coffee breaks menus and other outlets operation timing, including daily specials.
- To train and develop the Banquet team so that they are able to operate independently within their own profit centre.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all F&B services, outlets, hotel services/features and hours of operations, as they affect the areas of responsibility.
- Able to account and handle cash effectively, efficiently, with integrity and follow established and proper Accounting procedures.
- Carry out any other duties as and when assigned by the Management of the Hotel.
- Assist other Food & Beverage Outlets in their operations within peak times when needed
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in English
- Experienced in all aspects of banquet service
- Must be well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
- Excellent leader and trainer with solid motivational and teamwork skills
- Attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills to deal with diverse staff
- Knowledge of Excel, MS Word, Power Point
- Hotel Restaurant Management graduate
- Minimum 2 - 3 years Hotel experience with at least 1 year in a 5 star luxury operation environment
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.