Job description / Role
As the Bar Manager, you will be exposed to all aspects of the operations and ensure a smooth and efficient workflow. You will comply with service standards and safety regulations to achieve an optimal level of quality service. The ideal candidate will be skilled in the areas of expense controls and meeting/exceeding financial goals, and exhibit and entrepreneurial attitude towards the Bar's operation.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Provide direction, lead and drive action plans and initiatives to achieve set objectives.
- Motivate, discipline, direct and supervise the work of all bar personnel.
- Prepare schedules for all personnel according to the forecast and within the limits of the staffing guide, to ensure adequate manpower at all times and under the guidance of the F&B Manager.
- Implement high quality bar program following corporate guidelines and mandates.
- Be involved in planning of promotions, beverage purchases and pricing under the supervision of the F &B Manager.
- Handle multiple priorities and exercises good judgment when dealing with all guest situations.
- Lead by example when attending to guest requests.
- Show efficiency in constantly striving to provide Total Customer Satisfaction.
- Responds to customer needs, issues and comments to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Communicate with guests demonstrating confidence and encourages them to feel unique and special.
- Enforce and maintain all policies and procedures under the guidance of the F&B Manager.
- Solicit and review customer and group critics on quality and service/product provided.
- Supervise all daily operations and outlet personnel constantly observing attitude towards colleagues and guests, and ensure correct handling of equipment to minimize breakages and losses.
- Be familiar with all related company documentation and especially with the relevant Operational Standards Manual for the department.
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum of 3-4 years' experience in an upscale Pub/Bar establishment in United Arab Emirates or United Kingdom.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities and the ability to lead by example
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent .
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.