Job description / Role
Passionate about guest interaction, food and beverage? As a Bar Supervisor, you will lead your team to create unforgettable Food & Beverage experiences for our guests and bring flair and enthusiasm to the role.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Assist in leading, mentoring and training the Food & Beverage Operations team
- Supervise and delegate duties; Ensure brand standards are maintained
- To ensure the bar operation (opening, closing, service and security) is operated in line with procedures and any other written and verbal communications.
- To ensure all bar storage, service and stock areas are left clean and tidy at the end of service.
- To Ensure that the Bar remains well stocked.
- To compile weekly rotas for the team, ensuring the efficient and effective use of resources.
- To ensure new staff are inducted and trained in their role and to assist in the ongoing training and development of bar staff.
- To ensure the taking of cash, the recording of sales and till reconciliation is all carried out in line with financial procedures and any other written and verbal communications.
- To ensure the recording, retaining (ullage) and disposal of damaged or out of date products accordingly and ensure the safe disposal of all refuse from the bar.
- To actively promote programmes and merchandise sales from the bar as part of the overall experience and to maximise income.
Your experience and skills include:
- Service focused personality is essential and a passion for everything food and beverage
- Previous experience in a similar leadership role is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities and the ability to lead by example
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of supervising staff and ability to lead and motivate a team
- Sales oriented and target driven approach
- Ability to maintain high standards of service while working under pressure
- Familiarity with Micros POS systems and general computer literacy (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
Your team and working environment:
Located along Sheikh Zayed Road in Barsha Heights right next to Dubai Internet City Metro Station. The hotel is nestled in the key business and commercial district of Dubai Media City, Dubai Knowledge Park and Dubai Internet City. Mercure Dubai Hotel offers a unique hospitality experience for business & leisure travellers and well as for long stays at an affordable price. Close proximity to Mall of the Emirates, Palm Jumeirah and major tourist attractions.
An elegant hotel with 1015 suites and apartments spread over 41 floors. Each contemporary room features floor to ceiling windows that have exceptional views of the city & skyline. For meetings, trainings and social events the hotel offers an extensive range of multi-functional meeting and event spaces.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.