Job description / Role
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago.
This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
The property is set to open in the fourth quarter of 2021.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests.
Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
If you are looking for a dynamic environment for growth, please join us as Bartender
To manage the overall operation of the restaurant, following established objectives for the highest standards in professional management and administration as well as in effective and fair personnel development.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Motivate, discipline, direct and supervise the work of all employees in the restaurant
- Develop and maintain training programs to ensure a high degree of staff professionalism
- Manage day-to-day operations of the restaurant
- Handle complaints and make effective service recovery
- Ensure standards are being followed in accordance with F&B policies and procedures
- Ensure all employees have full product knowledge
- Regularly inspect food & beverage quality
- Follow established and proper Accounting procedures
- Hold monthly one-to-one staff meetings to establish and monitor targets and achievements, and update performance logs accordingly
- Conduct daily roll plays and ensure employees adhere to grooming standards
- Develop maintenance schedules
- Liaise with stewarding on inventory and breakage control
- Maintain daily log book maintaining clear and concise information on the operations.
- Establish guest database with preference records of regular guests
- Schedule employees to maintain Hotel's service standards within budgeted labour costs
- Assign responsibilities to subordinates and conduct regular performance checks
- Implement weekly cleaning schedules for operating equipment
- Manage organization and cleanliness of departmental areas by conducting weekly walk-throughs with Hygiene Manager, Housekeeping and Engineering Department
- Control stock of all equipment in the restaurant
- Constantly monitor staff's appearance, attitude and degree of professionalism
- Excellent reading, written and oral proficiency in English
- Experienced in all aspects of restaurant service
- Must be well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
- Excellent leader and trainer with strong motivational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- High degree of professionalism, sound human resources management capabilities, business acumen, energy and determination
- Proven organizational skills, able to set and meet deadlines with quality results
- Degree in Hotel Restaurant Management or equivalent
- Minimum 2 - 3 years Hotel experience
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.