Job description / Role
MAIN KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcome and provide any information for the guests and visitors whilst discreetly monitoring movement in the reception area
- Provide the baggage service on check in and departure of the guests as well as the supervision and maintenance of the lobby area and its external areas
- She/he carries out certain shopping on behalf of the guests at the request of the Front Office department
- Supervise and co-ordinate the Bell service tea
- Ensure that the guest has a comfortable stay at the hotel
- Upon arrival of guests, welcomes them and assists them
- Supervise and maintain proper procedures for baggage storage
- Ensure that all staff is fully informed and knowledgeable on hotel facilities
- Working closely with his colleagues to provide the maximum friendly, courteous and efficient personal services possible
- Establish a good rapport with the guests
- Supervise the security of guests' property during transfers and/or storage in the baggage area
- Supervise Bellboys on newspaper delivery when necessary
- Prepare duty roster for staff and submit to FOM for approval
- Ensure that all uniformed service staff are properly dressed, neat and clean at all times during duty hours
- Ensure that all documentations in the lobby are clean, updated and refilled
- Responsible for the stock of all items necessary for the well function of department
- Answer telephone calls for Bell Service and attend to guest's inquiries, requests and complaints
- Co-ordinate closely with GRS and FOM on VIP's, guest arrivals, special request, etc
- Supervise and maintains proper procedures for baggage storage
- Control and documents all movement of Bell Boys
- Inspect elevator areas/reports malfunctions or maintenance requirement
- Responsible for transportation request by guests
- Ensure that events are accurately put up and initiate necessary actions
- Enforce house rules among Bell staff, ensure rotation and posting in lobby area
- Provide the same service than bell boys if necessary
- Will have to carry out all the functions of a reception team member
- Train new employees for particular department (Concierge) in the hotel
- Attend meetings and training programs
- Take part in departmental meetings
Level of Education
Areas of study
1 to 2 years
Essential and optional requirements
- Desired candidate should have a minimum of 1 to 2 years experience in similar role.
- Must be computer literate with effective communication skills and an excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Should possess a strong character with a harmonious attitude to lead a multi-cultural team to reach the set goals of the department.
- The ideal candidate will be a hands-on professional with a passion for service quality and excellence.
- Outgoing, creative and eager to share the HEARTIST philosophy and Accor values with guests and associates.
- Power Point
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.