Job description / Role
At Accor, our operations thrive with the commitment of Colleagues who model our values. As a Bell Captain, you will be in charge of supervising bell desk, valet, transportation and airport operations.
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids' Club.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure all deliveries are recorded and documented.
- Ensure deliveries are completed in a proper, courteous and timely manner
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction and information to colleagues in performing their tasks.
- Train bell service colleagues so that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum efficiency.
- Ensure the equipment are cleaned and maintained on a daily basis.
- Assist guests with transportation by liaising with our transportation and airport team.
- Ensure the areas are kept clean and stocked with supplies at all times, including public spaces.
- Assist other departments as needed (i.e. housekeeping, valet, Business-Center, etc.)
- Maintain a safe working environment. Report and correct if possible, any unsafe acts or conditions.
- Answer and assist with inquiries, in person and on the phone, providing information on the hotel and local area to guests.
- Market and up-sell hotel rooms, facilities, and amenities whenever possible.
- Schedule the weekly bell desk staff operation as well as their breaks
- Respond to queries positively.
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards, including all safety policies
- Report "Lost & Found" items.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Minimum of 1 year previous proven Supervisory position or equivalent in a Hotel
- Must have the ability to handle a multitude of tasks and Guest requests
- Perfect communication skills, fluent in English and Arabic is a must
- Neat appearance
- Displays initiative and good follow-up skills
- Team player
- Confident and able to take decisions on his own
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.