Job description / Role
A smile and helping hand is what our Guests will experience as you personally greet them on their arrival. As a Bellman with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, your knowledge of the hotel and the professionalism you display will create a sense of “welcome” like no other.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 10 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room and others . Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids’ Club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Bell Captain, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for the delivery of Guest’s to their room, luggage, messages and any other items for delivery within the Hotel
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
• Ensure the timely and efficient transfer of luggage to and from the guest’s room
• To ensure the guest is familiar with their room upon arrival ie. temperature control
• Maintain a presence in the Lobby when not delivering luggage to guest rooms, offering assistance to Guests, under the direction of the Bell Captain
• Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way
• Follow department policies, procedures and service standards, including all safety policies
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous customer related experience an asset
• Excellent communication skills and a professional presentation
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position include but are not limited to the following:
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
• Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
• Constant kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
• Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.