Job description / Role
Leads the design review, supervise the procurement, installation, testing and commissioning of a full Baggage Handling System, Material Handling Systems (Cargo), Passenger Loading Bridge & stand equipment, Security equipment and Passenger conveyance systems.
Line and Staff Relations
The Engineer BHS - PLB will report to the Head of Practice, Systems
The Engineer will take directions from the Operations Director (as the Project Line Manager) when assigned to projects.
- Escalate issues, keep informed, advise and receive instructions
- Work collaboratively to achieve the team's business and project outcomes
- Participate in meetings to develop work group perspectives and share information
- Understand issues and provide solutions in line with project scope definitions
- Coordinate with the Client and other Consultant engineers, including 3rd Party reviewers, at any stage of the project ,
- Review designs and documents to validate targeted performances meet the project & contractual requirements and design specifications
- Use the approved document submittal and review and control process for all documentation.
- Coordinate the design and site works with other trades working on the project, such as architectural, MEP and structural departments etc
- Supervise and assess Sub-consultants' design and construction progress and compliance with their contractual obligations.
- Participate in project design and construction coordination meetings.
- Attend client meetings as part of design team representing ADPi as required.
- Supervise inspectors and perform site inspections of works and witnessing of site testing and commissioning.
- Ensure the handover of the project is done in compliance with the requirements of the project contract performance requirement.
- Supervise the quality of work at every stage of the project.
- Apply the project change control process to manage variation to scope of works.
- Apply and manage the contractual drafting towards the Client, and Sub Engineers
- Verify the accuracy of the contractor's "As-Built" documents reflecting in detail the as-built conditions and approve the As-Built documents.
- Ensure all works are performed on time, to quality and cost requirements, minimizing operational and project risks
Specialization in BHS - PLB:
- Deep knowledge of BHS - PLB components, functionalities, different suppliers and different technical solutions.
- Manage procurement and construction activities related to Baggage Handling Systems (BHS) and Passenger Loading Bridges (PLB) with emphasis placed on:
- Mechanical Installations
- Electrical Installations
- PLC and other controls
- Integration with security screening equipment
- Testing and commissioning
- Ability to design Stand and Aircraft services: knowledge of Aviplan (or similar software)
- Knowledge of standard applicable to PLB and stand equipments
- Good knowledge of Interfaces, Erection method statement
- Deep knowledge of IATA and ICAO regulations related to these systems.
- Good Knowledge of FIDIC Red and Yellow Books requirements
- Good knowledge of HSE Regulations
- Good knowledge of Aviation Security Regulations
- 10 years of proven experience in airports industry, Baggage handling systems, MHS, Passenger loading Bridges: working in design and or construction.
- Working knowledge of standards, as well as relevant Airport operational and technical standards
- Professional spoken and written English
- Ability to author clear and precise technical documents
- Ability to work in a construction site environment.
- Ability to manage relationships with external contractors and suppliers.
- Good technical analysis methodology and System Requirement Management.
- Attention to details, understanding of dependencies in systems architecture and project execution.
- Good communication and Customer facing skills.
- Technical presentation and planning and reporting skills.
About the Company
ADP Ingenierie, a wholly-owned Groupe ADP subsidiary, is a French engineering company that carries out architectural and engineering activities worldwide dealing with design of new airports or existing airports development.
Its teams of experts can accompany a project from the initial design to operational stages and group together multiple skills, from engineering to architecture, studies and the supervision of works.
With 400 employees of 46 nationalities working in 19 different countries, ADP Ingenierie is presently carrying out over 130 projects concurrently worldwide.