Job description / Role
The role is generally focused on formulating bid presentations, from evaluating the initial inquiry with the sales team and estimating leads, tracking and managing the progress of works and presenting final bids to clients as required.
* Essential skills will include your ability to build relationships, both internally with the estimating team, design team, commercial team, sales teams and operational delivery sector to deal with the client's representatives and the subcontractors tendering for work on the project.
* You will be required to work as part of the Pre-Construction and Bid Development team and provide support to Business Development, Bid and Pre-Construction Managers throughout the bid process life-cycle. Attention to detail is a must as a large percentage of the job role includes for analysis of PQQ/RFI and ITT/RFP documents and the production of accurate bid documentation.
* Also be required to arrange, organize and lead pre-construction meetings to facilitate the bid process.
* He must demonstrate his ability to ensure that the completed submission puts forward the best possible response in terms of completeness, appropriateness and that the best-added value options have been provided for the company and its clients.
* A person with prior experience of working in the estimating/ preconstruction team working on bids for projects in the fast-paced fit-out and security industry or related.
* Candidates must have experience and a willingness to work hard,
* To assist in the development and delivery of all bids and projects, ensuring pre-qualification questionnaires and all tender documentation is completed.
* To draft and review bid submission content, ensuring all bids are submitted on time and fully compliant with the requirements.
* Ensure all proposals are formatted and comply with company brand guidelines, customer requirements and follow internal quality guidelines.
* Analyze the client's documents to ensure the responses being created respond implicitly to the questions being asked.
* Coordinate clarification questions, forward to client and monitor responses.
* Maintain bid information on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM database and ensure the information accurately reflects the opportunity status.
* Work with operational managers, mobilization managers (where applicable) and customers in quality and process improvement initiatives in order to further develop partnership working.
* Coordinate the production of information packs for mobilization/operational team handovers to include all aspects of the operational solution and liaison on all key matters on the contract.
* Work with Divisional heads and Sales Managers on new bids through mobilization and the initial stages of transition periods to ensure all elements of the bid are fully understood by the operational management/mobilization team.
* General knowledge of Project Management and Fit-Out methodology
* Excellent Microsoft Office Professional skills including PowerPoint and MS Project is a must
* Experience and background in the bid coordination and preparation
* The ability to produce high standard work which meets the client and business requirements.
* Ability to work on own initiative, meet tight deadlines and balance priorities to achieve results
* Effective time management skills as required to attain budget and timescale restraints set forward by the project requirements and the ability to perform successfully in a challenging work environment
* Excellent communicator both written and verbal
* Qatar or international Driving License preferred
* Commercial acumen
* Desire to learn and become a skilled bid manager
* The candidate must have experience handling bids/contracts/tenders.
About the Company
Excelsior is a bespoke HR and recruitment consultancy, specialising in the Security, Facilities Management, Education and Automotive sectors. Excelsior provides a high quality, reliable and affordable solution to companies in these sectors.
Exciting opportunities and market insights will be regularly posted on this page. If you are a talented individual looking for a change, then our highly experienced Consultants are ready to match you with an exciting new career opportunity.