Job description / Role
Job Specific Responsibilities
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL or Neo4j and ‘big data’ technologies.
• Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
• Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
• Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
• Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
• Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Key Performance Indicator
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
• Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
• A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Education, Experience and Required Skills
• Educational Qualification
• We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
• Min 5 years of experience working with any popular big data platforms
Essential Skills & Experience
• They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
• Experience with data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
• Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
• Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
• Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Java or groovy or kotlin
About the Company
The TechStream Group is an award winning, multi brand, talent investor & incubator. Each of our brands focus on unique technology "streams" that are disrupting & transforming the world around us.
Each of our brands are unique to the technology market they operate within, whilst being interconnected by our "Stream" branding sequence.
We follow a proven global operating model that utilizes cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence & analytics, all supported by a shared service & innovation centre in South Africa. Our Board of Directors and Senior Management team are passionate about talent & technology and strive to deliver real client value from every brand across the full technology stack.