Job description / Role
Our client is a facilities management, is currently looking for a Building and Civil Engineer to be based in Al Ain. In this role, you will be responsible for directs, coordinates, and supervises various activities relating to civil and building fabrics maintenance includes preparing feasibility studies and cost estimates for alteration, upgrades, modification of existing facilities and systems. You will be responsible for managing resources appropriately to ensure that maintenance tasks are carried out at the planned frequencies and standards in line with the required standards. The Building and Civil Engineer will also supervise and provide professional services to ensure that all civil related life cycle and variation works are delivered to the required standard in an effective, efficient and professional manner to the complete satisfaction of the company’s customers.
Other responsibilities will include:
• Supervise, lead, and execute planned and reactive/corrective civil maintenance tasks in accordance with schedules and KPIs.
• Carry out regular and planned comprehensive Building Fabric Inspections and surveys of all the campus buildings.
• Supervise and direct all the company’s and sub contractor’s staff engaged in both projects and maintenance delivery (~ AED 8-10M Life Cycle /Variations Projects per annum, this subjected to changes)
• Lead on technical support and advice in Architectural, Building and Civil Engineering maintenance and projects.
• Assist with the management of the FF&E Asset Management.
• Analyse defects and faults reported related to civil discipline and provide appropriate cost-effective technical solutions.
• Liaise with stores to arrange and make sure the availability of all the required spare parts at all times.
• Supervise the space planning requirements with the University.
• Produce maintenance related Risk Assessments and Method Statements in support to the maintenance department activities.
• Review project documents as required (drawings, material, and technical submittals) ensuring they comply with the original design intent.
• Assist with training and mentoring in safe working practices.
• Participate in the duty coverage ‘’ Out of core working hours ‘’ during emergency cases and any site requirements.
• Attend the projects progress meetings and represent Estates department with the customer.
• Lead on projects estimation and produce the projects supported documents.
• Manage and control the sub-contractors on site for the project works awarded.
• Manage the ‘Permit to Work’ systems.
• Ability to control and manage different contractors and conduct the initial inspection for cost estimation.
• Supervise, monitoring and controlling the ongoing variation works and any other project support needed.
• Production of the Periodic Progress Reports as required by the line manager.
• Ensure that all the works which done by the company's contractors are comply with legal HSE guidelines and according to the issued work permit and risk assessments.
• Deputies the department projects engineer during leaves and/or whenever required.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Educated to bachelor’s degree level in Civil engineering.
• 5 years’ project management experience in Civil Engineering / construction or building services industry.
• At least 5 years’ experience managing the delivery of complex high value maintenance contracts.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) training and certificate.
• Understanding of facilities management.
• Demonstrable skills in dealing and working closely with internal and external customers and suppliers on complex and interrelated issues on an ongoing basis.
• Familiar with design & engineering standards.
• Ability to manage sub-contractors.
• Understanding of project and maintenance management.
• Excellent communication skills
• Spoken Arabic is essential.
• Customer focused.
• A reasonable level of computer literacy in the more common applications.
• Fluent in English language (written and oral).
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call our office.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Civil Site Engineer
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jul|
Project Manager - Construction
Civil Engineer - Buildings Project
Big Fish Recruitment
Senior Civil Engineer - Wet & Dry Utilities
Fit Out Civil Engineer
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||28 Jul|