Job description / Role
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking.
Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We seek a motivated, highly proficient Building Services Team Leader and WSP ambassador, with a strong work winning ethic to lead a successful team of over 30+ engineers of various grades across a diverse portfolio of technically challenging projects across the Middle East.
WSP welcomes applications for part time and flexible working and would be happy to discuss potential options with you as part of your application.
A typical week would include:
* Establish a core team consisting of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers across our offices in UAE, KSA and India to support projects in the Middle East.
* Develop self-sufficient work streams consisting of a single discipline and multi-discipline projects.
* Deliver large-scale projects on time & on budget having sold the projects at a margin acceptable to the business.
* Provide accurate financial forecasting and will retain tight control on the finances of my team.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* A BSc. in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from a recognized University
* 15-20 years of broad, international experience in multi-disciplinary projects.
* Experience of leading, motivating, and driving teams of 30+ engineers of all grades.
* Member of a professional institution. Preferably a Chartered Engineer or the criteria for working towards Chartership.
* People leadership skills.
* Project management and project leadership skills.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.