Job description / Role
We are looking for a Building Surveyor to join our team in the UAE. The Building Surveyor will be responsible for providing technical advice to clients on construction and property related matters, carrying out surveys and inspections, providing reports and assessments, and overseeing the repair and maintenance of buildings.
• Conduct surveys and inspections of buildings, ensuring compliance with building regulations and standards.
• Surveys such as reserve fund studies, building condition audits, reinstatement cost assessments, service charge modelling and allocation.
• Provide technical advice to clients on construction and property related matters.
• Prepare reports and assessments on the condition of buildings.
• Oversee the repair and maintenance of buildings.
• Investigate and report on building defects and recommend remedial action.
• Provide advice and guidance on building standards and regulations.
• Monitor and review building projects to ensure compliance with regulations.
• Review and update building plans, designs, and specifications.
• Liaise with contractors and other professionals to ensure the completion of projects.
• Attend meetings with clients, contractors, and other professionals.
• Deal with any problems that may arise during the course of a project.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, Building Surveying or a related field.
• Minimum of 3 years’ hands-on experience in a real estate company executing RERA compliant surveys for Owners Association Management companies.
• Good knowledge of building regulations and standards.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of computer programs and applications related to the field.
About the Company
Chestertons is a global real estate services firm with more than 46 offices in 16 countries, operating across the UK, Europe, Asia Pacific, Caribbean, Middle East and North Africa.
We provide expert advice on the purchase, sale and leasing of all types of commercial and residential real estate, including management of property portfolios, valuations and appraisals, as well as capital market advice to help clients to develop viable strategic opportunities from their real estate portfolios.
Are you interested in becoming a new member of the Chestertons Global Network? Join our Global Network and use our brand and expertise to grow your business globally.