Job description / Role
Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device - SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Business Transformation Services (BTS) is the Digital Transformation strategic advisory arm of SAP's Customer Success Board area. We assist clients in achieving their Digital Transformation vision and Best-Run Business capability from their SAP investments. Our team draws on insights, experience from thousands of SAP customers. BTS works with customers at the program level and more broadly at the enterprise level to mobilize, deliver, and measure strategic business outcomes. Our vision is to drive business value and successful outcomes by helping our customers understand how best to leverage, implement and optimize SAP solutions for the industries in which they operate.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY AND TASKS
A key competency of this role is the ability to translate SAP customers' business problems and ambitions into practical tactical and strategic roadmaps charting the deployment of digital solutions SAP offers while identifying clear value drivers and developing compelling outcomes-based value propositions to guide customer's decision-making.
The Business Architect role is an active role that is customer focused. The position requires a combination of strategic and practical experience. Specifically, the consultant needs to have capabilities in the following areas:
- Independent execution of projects / work streams
- Demonstrated ability to lead smaller engagements (time, budget, quality)
Advisory / Delivery
- Independent execution of work packages, small projects and/or individual work streams / deliverables
- Responsible for own capacity utilization and KPIs agreed with manager
- Business Strategy & Operating Model Assessment
- Business Process Design - Review of detailed level business processes and of the corresponding mapping into the IT architecture - Business & IT alignment, Business Architecture
- Evaluate and create proposals to outline and optimize business scenarios and processes to align with enterprise and IT architecture to fit the customer's strategy
- As Is and To-Be Enterprise Architecture, including On-prem, Cloud and Hybrid architectures
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of various solution architecture and process design alternatives
- Support business development and support software, subscription and services sales in alignment with SAP Customer Success Services Strategy
- Contributes on sales bids, including RFPs and demand generation activities
Thought Leadership / Innovation
- Contribute to a functional or business-related community
- Proactive support of Knowledge Management and Innovation activities
- Expertise in at least one industry
- Expertise in at least one line of business
- Expertise in at least one (Digital) Business Transformation topic: Business Process Management, Business Process Governance and Business Process Optimization, Enterprise Architecture, Organizational Change Management, Value Management, Project/Program Management, Innovation Management, Strategic Roadmap Design, Cloud Transformation, TCO, Digital Transformation etc.
- Expertise in more than one of the above areas is highly desirable
SAP Specific Expertise
- Overall SAP Corporate Strategy and SAP Product Strategy Knowledge
- Knowledge of the latest SAP Strategy and its related pillars including the capability to discuss this with the customer
- SAP Products and Methods Knowledge:
- Advanced knowledge of SAP Product Portfolio (on premise and cloud solutions, S/4HANA)
- Industry Solutions (in related industry area) - Leverage industry and SAP reference architectures
- Certification / competence in one or more of the following is highly desirable:
- S/4HANA Functional Modules
- Project Management (e.g. SAP Activate, PMI or SAP internal certification)
- SAP Professional Architect
- SAP Value Lifecycle Manager
- SAP Transformation Navigator
- Design Thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills in remote and on-site modes.
- The ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a professional manner that establishes rapport, persuades others, and establishes understanding for technical and non-technical audiences
- Meeting Moderation and workshop facilitation in remote and on-site modes
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & LANGUAGES
- University degree - minimum bachelor's level
- Minimum Job Experience: 7-10 Years
- Fluency in English
- Other languages are an advantage
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.