Job description / Role
Position: Business Development Associate
Location: Dubai, UAE
Join an amazing group of people at OliOli® and help their mission to deliver exciting, joyful, differentiated, world-class, and incredibly fun experiences to children that nurture their innate sense of curiosity and exploration.
OliOli® (means ‘joy’ in the Hawaiian language) is a multiple award-winning contemporary children’s museum that opened to rave reviews in 2017. Founded by a group of parents who are passionate about open-ended non-judgmental play, OliOli® entails 8 interactive galleries comprising over 45 hands-on exhibits.
The awesome team at OliOli® comes from over 10 countries including United States, Austria, India, Philippines, South Africa, Uzbekistan, Zimbabwe, Latvia, Mexico, Jordan and Ukraine.
The Business Development Associate will be responsible for (a) developing and managing B2B relationships with relevant organizations and community groups including, schools, corporates, and to a smaller extent the hospitality space, and (b) driving visitation to OliOli® through an ongoing affiliation and relationship with these and other platforms/organizations.
We are young parents who have been blessed to follow our dream. Our dream is for children to be happier, more creative, more imaginative, more informed, inspired, aware, balanced and amazed. We aim to see joy on the faces of children.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Based on prior experience and relationships in the industry, generate, pursue, and convert sales leads for OliOli® within the target institutions within the education and corporate sectors (with a small focus on the hospitality space)
• Ensure that visitation and sales target are met (on a periodic basis from each month to each year) while ensuring high client satisfaction and adherence to OliOli® socially responsible approach and collaborative culture
• Build a strong and deep professional relationship between OliOli® and the relevant target institutions
• Be a positive ambassador for the OliOli® brand
• Achieve specific and granular KPIs in relation to each channel on a regular basis
• Call/visit each institution (meeting relevant people) – with the objective of introducing OliOli® and its offerings/programs to them
• Respond to inward enquiries in a timely manner and ensure those are converted
• Ensure that the products/services proposed to clients and perspective clients achieve their objectives in the most optimal manner; measure client satisfaction through survey post each visit and ensure that KPIs in this respect area achieved
• Negotiate appropriate commercial deals (while adhering to the organizational framework) and finalize contracts that appropriately allocate risks associated with the proposed framework/relationship
• Establish and extend relationships with potential/perspective clients
• Keep updated a CRM for all the relevant organizations including schools, corporates, travel/tourism companies, DMCs, hotel groups, online portals and platforms, and so on
• Develop a strong understanding and database of all the key competitors within this space – and their offering
• Participate in trade fairs, conferences, and other relevant industry gatherings with a view to furthering OliOli® objectives
• Contribute to a positive, team-based, and “guest-first” centric culture
• Perform other duties and be involved in projects and activities that contribute to the achievement of our objectives
• Prior experience within business development is preferable
• Work experience in the UAE (preferably Dubai) is a MUST
• Ability to work within a highly diverse and multicultural environment
• Exceptional communication skills. Arabic is a plus
• Outcomes driven; comfortable working with sales targets in a dynamic industry/environment
TRAITS & CHARACTERISTICS
• Self-starter and self-motivated; thrives working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
• Thoughtful, conscientious, and genuine
• Lots of positive energy; respectful of diversity; patient and empathetic; friendly; courteous
• Excellent organization and execution skills – with strong attention to detail
• Resilient and quick learner
• College degree is required.
About the Company
OliOli® is the Hawaiian word for 'joy'. With 8 galleries and over 40 exhibits, OliOli is an interactive play museum of delights to stimulate a child's body and mind.
We exist to bring wow experiences to children of all ages - creating a wholesome and delight-filled alternative to screen-based fun. Each space has been thoughtfully conceived with creativity and innovation, designed to inspire, stimulate imagination and curiosity, and spark a love of learning.