Job description / Role
Main Purpose Of Job:
• The Business Development Executive is responsible for selling to and educating customers about Rapid Access’ product portfolio, facilities and services.
• Reporting into the Sales Manager and working closely with the Business Development Manager, the role holder will be part of a team responsible for providing high quality and proactive business development opportunities to the UAE region.
• The Business Development Executive will be given a defined customer portfolio within an assigned territory and will be tasked with its growth and maximising revenue and profit against agreed targets by converting enquiries and sales proposals into confirmed orders.
• This is predominantly achieved through field-based sales activity and account management of both the existing customer base and new business.
• The Business Development Executive will be required to travel throughout the UAE as well as spending time in the depot when needed.
• Account Management:
• Actively manage and develop all customers within an agreed portfolio which will extend across the UAE
• Develop and sustain a solid relationship between Rapid Access and its customers
• Deal with all customer queries quickly, efficiently and cost effectively
• Ensure customer service and customer expectations are exceeded
New Business Development:
• Identify and follow up enquiries and sales leads with new and existing customers
• Growing the given portfolio through proactive prospecting through activities such as market research, networking and lead generation
• Updating the management team on topics such as industry trends, area performance, competitor activity, lost jobs, revenue and utilisation
• Conducting customer sales visits with new and existing customers with goal of securing or retaining business
• Achieving all revenue and KPI (Key Performance Indicators) targets to include:
- Year-on-year revenue growth
- Redevelopment of dormant accounts to agreed percentage
- Retention of existing active customer base within agreed percentage
Reporting & Information Systems:
• Ensure the CRM system is routinely updated with information such as customer visits, quotes, forecasts
• Assist with production of sales activity, market and competitor analysis reports
Sales Support Activities:
• Preparing and coordinating customer proposals and quotations
• Attending company stands at exhibitions, trade shows and conferences when required
• Provide support to cash collection activities
• Assist the Hire Desk Control team with customer queries
AED 12,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• The chosen candidate will meet ALL the essential criteria below:
• Proven track record in a business-to-business target –driven, consultative sales role in the heavy plant, machinery or construction related industry sector
• Ability to demonstrate effective negotiation skills and deliver convincing arguments in order to win commercially viable business
• Experience of strategically growing business in an assigned territory through an understanding of a customer base, competitor activity and buying behaviours
• UAE industry sales experience
• Competence in the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Valid car driving licence
• Fluent in English
• Fluent in Arabic and Hindi
About the Company
Established in 1996, Rapid is the Middle East leader in powered access equipment rental & sale, and part of Europe's largest powered access rental company, Lavendon Group plc.
At Rapid, we offer wide range of MEWP's (Mobile Elevating Work Platforms), which offer a number of features making them particularly suitable for different types of applications.
- Steel Erection and construction
- Lighting and electromechanical maintenance
- Industrial and building maintenance
- Signage and Events
- Outside Broadcasting
- Telecommunications maintenance
- Facilities Management
- Airport, Ship and Highway Maintenance
As members of the team committed to providing strength on the ground and performance in the air we work with a simple business philosophy 'Your success is ours'.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Business Development/Sales Manager