Job description / Role
A new opportunity has come up with an international law firm based in Dubai. Our client is current looking for a Business Development Executive who will report to the Business Development Manager (BDM) for their Middle East office. This person will work closely with all fee earners and support staff in the region. In addition to those based in the region, the job holder will be in constant contact with colleagues across the global network, particularly in bid, sector and client teams. The person will also be responsible for instructing and managing workflow to their global center in Manila, Philippines.
This is a broad role, both in terms of geography and BD product requirements. All areas can be trained on and developed, but a positive attitude and enthusiasm is crucial. An eagerness to learn and progress will assist someone maximize the opportunities that this role has to offer.
Other responsibilities that this job holder will do include:
• Project management of transactional bids; providing input on qualification and team formations; drafting, reviewing and editing content; managing document development (utilizing the GSC where necessary); ensuring adherence to branding requirements; ensuring adherence to pricing procedures; ensuring follow up is sought from client post pitch; tracking and acting on actions which arise.
• Strategic and large global bids will be managed by the BDM or global teams, and the BDE will provide a support role regionally.
• Keeping all regional bid content up-to-date and working with the GSC to manage all new / bespoke input.
• Monitoring panel appointments and driving realization of opportunities presented.
• Supporting global sector and client teams to roll out campaigns across the Middle East
• Working with the BDM and fee earners on all key client accounts for the region, as part of the global client programme.
• Working with specific regional sector teams, from strategic planning to execution of campaigns
• Facilitate participation in our client feedback programme; working with BDM to track and act on actions arising from interviews
• Maintain awareness of relevant global and local marketing products which can be used for client development and dialogue
• Assisting the BDM and fee earners to establish key objectives for all events, manage budgets, develop the client target list and contact strategy.
• Project managing events including organising logistics and running the events on the ground.
• Reporting on ROI following the event and ensuring leads are followed up on.
• Working with fee earners and the GSC to project manage awards and directory submissions for the region.
• Drafting internal communications for various regional initiatives.
• Maintaining Middle East material on their website and intranet.
• Alongside the PR team in London, drafting, coordinating and finalising regional press releases.
• Coordinating regional contributions and input into business development systems including InterAction (CRM), Experience Management, bids and CV databases for supporting initiatives such as events, bids, key client and target programmes, experience statement compilation, league table and legal directory submissions.
• Integrating use of systems into all activity according to global best practice and liaising with central teams to ensure compliance with KPIs.
• Working with the BDM to identify areas which require market intelligence and opportunity spotting to pass on to relevant fee earners.
• Producing reports as and when required for discreet projects and pursuits.
• Actively engaging with regional and global CSR programmes to help promote them in the region, as well as encourage client participation.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Graduate caliber or experienced professional used to work in a fast paced environment (preferably within legal, accountancy or financial services)
• A positive, can-do attitude with an eagerness to learn and develop
• Ability to earn trust and develop strong working relationships
• Relevant marketing and business development experience, including bids
• Ability to work across time zones and manage multiple deadlines
• An understanding of the Middle East preferable
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.