Job description / Role
On behalf of our client, a multinational Law firm, we are looking for a Business Development Manager.
• To lead business development and marketing activities for their respective sector/ practice area(s) in a way which promotes both the profile of that segment of the business, develops key account relationships and enables revenue growth.
• The business development manager will work seamlessly and collaboratively with national and regional peer-group BD team members and will liaise with partners, senior associates and functional managers on a daily basis. Internationally this role is expected to forge solid relationships with sector and regional peers.
• Development and agreement of business objectives and strategies for appropriate sectors and practice areas in consultation with key stakeholders
• Management, and where necessary creation, of all marketing materials and activities in support of the business development agendas – whether brochures, directory submissions, web pages, newsletters, reports, web-pages, seminars, conferences etc.
• Contribution to the firm's Key Account Programme through identification of the sector's/practice area's key accounts, the establishment of client teams and the development and implementation of their plans
• The formulation of relevant business development budgets and management of the budget to ensure appropriate expenditure and that the firm receives suitable return on that investment
• Maintenance of the operational standards of the Business Development team to ensure:
- Our branding approach is implemented effectively
- Communication materials effectively represent the positioning of each area
- The effective use of the interaction and vuture systems
- Our approach to pitches is informed by sector knowledge
- The management of events is efficient and cost-effective
• PR strategies support business development plans and enhance campaigns
• Initiating, overseeing and delivering national projects and programmes aimed at identifying and winning new business and effectively managing relationships with existing clients
• Developing and delivering pitches and tender responses
• Taking ownership of the implementation of national and regional initiatives as part of the wider international and sector BD team. In particular, in relation to the development of the firm's key account and business line programmes
• Acting as a conduit of information and collaboration to further connect the national and regional office network with the firm internationally
The ideal candidate will:
• Educated to degree level (2:1 or above); or possesses equivalent experience
• Have a background in business development and marketing within a legal services organisation
• Possess a good understanding of the role that business development and marketing play within an international legal environment
• Possess the energy and enthusiasm to drive new business initiatives, influence partners and analyse and deliver results whilst paying attention to detail
• Operate at high personal and professional standards
• Be an effective team-player and also be able to work autonomously
• Use commercial logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions and be generally commercially aware
• Be committed to a process of continual improvement
• Be an effective communicator and leader
About the Company
With a genuine understanding of what our Clients and Candidates need to succeed, Green Gulf Careers believe that honest and open relationships at every level are paramount to both our success and yours. We have a hugely diverse talent pool and we take the utmost care in matching them to our equally diverse Client base in order to achieve success at every level.
Whilst partnering with organisations across the Gulf, whether it be a SME or a leading Multinational, our team has extensive industry experience and a strong understanding of both the economic trends and cultural business diversities in this region.
When engaging with us, you will deal with a dedicated Consultant who has a strong knowledge of your industry and sector and who will take time to get to know you and your Individual or Company needs. We pride ourselves on our discreet, transparent and service focused approach and to that end, we will form a relationship based on a mutual respect which really assists us understand your requirements. Our experience in industry adds particular value to the recruitment process and whilst we recruit at all levels and disciplines, we offer the same exceptional service levels should you be recruiting a junior member of staff or at Company Director level.