Job description / Role
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a Business Development Manager for Fire Protection.
Your key market will be UAE and you will be required to develop a network of key players and market drivers in each market through both research and meetings with key influencers and decision makers in Top construction companies, Trade/Advisory Bodies, Government bodies (e.g. Dubai Civil Defense), Insurance Companies, Health & Safety Influencers, Construction product suppliers, Construction consultants.
You will be involved in the development of clear sales strategy for each market defining:
• Key Account development plans
• Pricing strategies
• Product support & training plans
• Identification / classification of competitive propositions
• Marketing requirements
• Manage accounts to achieve agreed sales targets
• Negotiate and manage contracts as required enabling effective trading, operations and customer relations.
• Manage as necessary administration and documentation for the efficient, cost effective and lawful execution of all activities.
• To deal with any customer complaints in a professional and helpful manner.
• To organize and attend customer visits and represent the company at trade shows as part of an agreed plan and train distributors as appropriate.
• Monitor all aspects of competitor activity (pricing / product / routes to market) in order to influence product development.
• Identification and prioritization of alternative product & service opportunities.
• A minimum of 3 (three) years UAE based experience.
• Excellent Communication Skills with ability to fluently read, write and speak in the English language.
• Self-motivated and driven, with gravitas to be able to influence opinions at senior levels.
• High energy levels
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strong commercial awareness
• Staying power and patience
• Good listening skills
• Willingness to go that “extra mile” to get the order.
• A self-sustaining character, able to work on their own, with supervision and within a team environment.
• A strong person, with a “can do” attitude.
• Evidence of continued learning in Sales and Sales Management
• University degree is preferred
• Experienced Sales Professional with a background of selling technical products into the Construction market
• Experience and knowledge of selling either Health & Safety and or Fire & Security solutions in the main contractors.
• Proven track record of ambition, keen to improve, push boundaries, willing to try different things.
• Experience of UAE Product Approval Process
• UAE driving license essential.
• Willingness to be able to travel extensively in the region.
About the Company
With a genuine understanding of what our Clients and Candidates need to succeed, Green Gulf Careers believe that honest and open relationships at every level are paramount to both our success and yours. We have a hugely diverse talent pool and we take the utmost care in matching them to our equally diverse Client base in order to achieve success at every level.
Whilst partnering with organisations across the Gulf, whether it be a SME or a leading Multinational, our team has extensive industry experience and a strong understanding of both the economic trends and cultural business diversities in this region.
When engaging with us, you will deal with a dedicated Consultant who has a strong knowledge of your industry and sector and who will take time to get to know you and your Individual or Company needs. We pride ourselves on our discreet, transparent and service focused approach and to that end, we will form a relationship based on a mutual respect which really assists us understand your requirements. Our experience in industry adds particular value to the recruitment process and whilst we recruit at all levels and disciplines, we offer the same exceptional service levels should you be recruiting a junior member of staff or at Company Director level.