Business Development Manager
InterSearch Middle East
Job description / Role
Business Development Manager - Gulf Region
Our client is a leading international Government Investment & Trade Commission with well-established economic, social and cultural partnerships with many regions around the world. Ultimate aim is to attract and promote investment opportunities across vast range of products and raw materials to overseas markets, by providing information and advice to variety of companies wanting to increase their investment readiness or export capability.
International Investment & Trade Services are provided through referrals or introductions to the individual offices strategically located in each region to facilitate the delivery of the growth strategy across multiple markets. This organization markets the economic diversification strategy overseas, and actively facilitate trade and investment opportunities by driving an outward-focused, customer-centered approach.
Our client now wishes to attract a dynamic and innovative Business Development Manager, who would support the Director Investment and Trade in delivering business objectives aligned to the International & Strategy Engagement Plan and Diversify across several industries including education, energy and resources, mining, infrastructure, food and beverage. The role reports directly to the Trade and Investment Commissioner based in the home country.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Provide expert market analysis and strategic advice to clients/customers on the development of new options/markets/strategies. This includes specific advice on market entry strategies.
- Work with clients to identify/explore new directions in their businesses and develop solutions relevant to their specific needs.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships and networks with Government officials and business communities of the Gulf region.
- Identify trade and Investment opportunities in the Gulf region and provide support for businesses.
- Demonstrate effective leadership and integrity by complying with the Departmental Code of Conduct and all Policies and Procedures.
- Undertake market research work or specific marketing projects as required by the Commissioner. This may include working on large projects as part of a team or a virtual team with members in other locations.
- Assist and coordinate inbound official visits, trade mission programs and major business seminars/exhibitions that promote products and services.
- Undertakes research and analysis of information to meet client needs and identifies new opportunities for business development.
- University Degree in any related discipline
- Experience in business development; or international trade and market development in the Gulf region.
- Experience conducting research and analysis across political, commercial, and industrial sectors.
- Ability to build relationships with key industry and business stakeholders, government, and networks.
- Strong verbal and written English language skills.
- Strong understanding of the market, including key players, market opportunities, market access issues and competition.
- Previous experience working with a trade and investment promotion department or organization is highly desirable.
- Extensive network of high-value and relevant contacts spanning across industries, entities and sectors is an added advantage.
About the Company
InterSearch Middle East FZ-LLC is part of InterSearch Worldwide, an international organisation of retained executive search firms. InterSearch was established in 1989 and headquartered in the UK. In terms of total revenue, we are recognised as the seventh largest search firm in the world with revenues of more than US$103 million. In terms of global coverage, we are currently ranked number three in the world with over 100 offices in 50 countries. www.InterSearch.org
InterSearch Middle East has been recruiting across the Middle East region for the last 23 years; opening the first office in Dubai, United Arab Emirates in 1998 and conducting our first assignment in Oman in 2004. InterSearch is the only international executive search firm with a dedicated office in Oman.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Business Development Manager
A Leading Company In UAE
Business Development Executive
|Abu Dhabi||20 Mar|
Unique TAJ HR Consultancy
Business Development Manager (HR Software Solutions)
Business Development Manager - HR Technology