Job description / Role
Our client a global engineering consultancy requires a Business Development Manager for their expanding Dubai Office.
The successful individual will provide strategic leadership and direction in identifying potential business development opportunities in the UAE market and GCC region whilst promoting the image of the company and building relationships with both existing and potential Clients/Consultants in the building and infrastructure construction sectors.
- Research and identify business opportunities in the UAE and GCC regions to support the Company’s business plans
- Conduct sector-wise analysis to identify opportunities in key areas.
- Preparation of marketing initiatives and collateral to present and enhance the Company’s image and reputation to attract and secure new Clients.
- Preparation and presentation of business proposals to potential Clients to ensure pre-qualification criteria are met thereby improving the Company potential to be invited to tender.
- Continuously monitor market trends within the region and recommend appropriate business development strategies
- Develop a database of key executives / decision makers and future project initiatives of potential Clients to facilitate reciprocal business opportunities in existing and new markets in the region.
- Develop, maintain and enhance relationships with existing and potential Clients and Consultants to ensure satisfaction levels are met and wherever possible exceeded.
- Attend and participate in promotional events such as trade shows and seminars to identify and network with new leads introducing AST to prospective Clients.
- Conduct an analysis of tenders lost investigating and identifying reasons therefore (e.g. pricing; business development strategies etc of competitors) and recommending improvements for future opportunities to both the Estimation and Operations Departments.
- Perform initial analysis of “Request For Proposals” (RFP) to determine the project scope; schedule, capabilities; profitability and assessing the Clients credibility in the market and compile the Project Assessment
- Provide input and support in preparation of the Company’s business plan / strategy.
To apply you should meet the following criteria;
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline or similar
- 10 - 15 years experience in business development in an engineering consultancy or related environment with at least 2 years in a similar position in UAE.
- Have established relationships in with large developers and/ or government bodies in the UAE such as; Emaar, Damac, Meraas, the RTA and Dubai Municiplaity
- Proficiency in MS Office (Powerpoint, Excel etc)
- In-depth knowledge of marketing and business development strategies
About the Company
Engage was formed in 2007 in response to frustrations at the level of service delivery offered by traditional large recruitment agencies working in the construction market. With a belief in providing a truly knowledgeable, precise and quality driven service, Engage strives to offer a recruitment experience to both employers and candidates that is unrivalled in the marketplace.
We provide precision staffing solutions, including contingency and executive search, within the construction and commercial marketplaces. Our enduring relationships with market leading organisations in the region and overseas means we have access to the best candidates and the best vacancies.