Job description / Role
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - CYBER SECURITY
As business development and Sales manager you have to analyze the market segment you are responsible for. As a start the responsibility will be to identify the potential customers and the opportunities to market Thales products and services.
Once the view of the potential customers & market is defined a business development and capture plan needs to be generated to define how we will address this market.
The business development and Sales manager is afterwards responsible to implement the BD-plan and to adapt it where needed.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in close link with the Key Account Manager Team
- Develop and maintain a view of specified market.
- Ensure a presence at the different levels with relevant customers.
- Follow up closely on ongoing projects in the GCC region
- Maintain good and friendly business relations with customers.
- Support to the bidding teams and assist the Thales Units with their presentations to the customer.
- Assist the VP Cyber in the implementation of organization's business development and capture strategies.
- Identifying and secure new business opportunities.
- Maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Prepare overview of potential customers.
- Prepare overview of potential projects.
- Prepare a business development plan.
- Forecast order intake and provide monthly updates
- Deliver orders in line with agreed budgets
- Conduct critical analysis of prospects and prepare capture strategies.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in working in Cyber security in the GCC
- Proven ability to deliver order intake
- Experience in Consultancy Selling techniques
- Preferably trained on Frankly Covey methods
QUALIFICATION & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS :
- Degree (university, engineering or business school)
- Cyber security accreditation desirable
PREFERRED SKILLS :
- Strategic thinker able to develop strong competitive value propositions
- Good communications & commercial negotiation skills
- Very structured, excellent reporting
- Transparent team player and excellent networking ability at all levels
- Tenacious with a strong desire to win
- Entrepreneurial and innovative in ensuring business growth
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.