Job description / Role
Our BTS business operates as a team of highly experienced tax professionals who focus on delivering efficient and effective advice to companies in the region. Our goal is to improve quality, manage risk, create efficiency and drive value. Our market leading approach combines standard and efficient processes, highly effective tools and an extensive network of local tax and accounting professionals. Our clients benefit from an integrated, consistent, and flexible quality service to address direct and indirect tax compliance and advisory, statutory accounting and financial reporting, and tax accounting.
As part of our regional team you will work with a wide range of small, medium and large Financial Institutions across the MENA region on regulatory/operational tax matters such as the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act ("FATCA") and the Common Reporting Standard ("CRS") regulations. You will also work closely with regulators and governmental authorities.
As a FATCA/CRS Senior, you will demonstrate the right mix of industry, commercial and tax technical knowledge to be able to understand how Financial Institutions operate across the Middle East and support them in achieving their objectives with respect to regulatory and operational tax matters. You will build trusted relationships with them and your internal peers.
Your key responsibilities
- You will build and maintain relationships with clients, winning work proactively and contributing to winning new clients.
- You will be responsible for high level management of the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding operational/regulatory tax consulting projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business driven approach taken, over responsibility of quality of client service.
- You will build networks and relationships internally and externally, manage possible leads from other areas of the practice, help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff, contribute to people initiatives, including retaining and training international tax professionals, manage the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing junior staff development and assignments.
Skills and attributes for success
- If you have significant experience in operational/regulatory tax matters, the ability to build strong client relationships, negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and handle challenges, business development skills, be able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work, ability to identify areas of risk, carry out effective reviews and know when to refer upwards, effective time management - ability to remain calm when meeting deadlines and experience of coaching and developing more junior staff, this is the ideal role for you!
To qualify for the role you must have
- Significant experience in operational/regulatory tax matters and commercial skills with the interest to develop these further and building your own portfolio of clients
- Strong client relationship management skills with the ability to understand client needs and deliver quality outputs
- A bachelor's degree with strong academic credentials - taxation, accounting, business, finance, law or a related field essential.
- A minimum of seven years of relevant experience working with operational and regulatory tax matters in a role which involves oversight of such matters.
- Consultancy (i.e. Big 4, major law firm) and in-house Financial Institution experience desirable.
Ideally, you'll also have
- MBA, Master's degree or LLM/professional certification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, ICAEW, etc.)
- Arabic language skills (desirable, but not imperative)
- Relevant consulting experience within a mature market
What we look for
We're interested in versatile people with the ability to take on new responsibilities. We're not just looking for technical knowledge experience - we're after genuinely interesting people with the ability to build relationships, negotiate and think in unique and creative new ways.
You'll proactively maintain your technical knowledge by keeping abreast of relevant tax developments and issues so that you can better advise our clients. In return we'll provide investment in the right sort of training and offer you the opportunities that will develop and challenge you so that you're in the best place to develop your career.
What working at EY offers
- We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business.
- Support and coaching from key partners within the business
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- Developed system of performance management and career development that enables you to have the freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
- Opportunity to work in international and collaborative environment
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.