Job description / Role
Work hard. Have fun. Make history. At Amazon we expect no more and no less from you. Ever since Amazon opened its virtual doors, it has been the aim to become the most customer-centric company in the world. How is this achieved? By having people like you who make sure that customers find everything that they are looking for online – at great prices and convenience. Both Amazon and sellers who list their products on the site already offer millions of new and used items in a wide range of categories. And this is just the beginning. Come and experience a company that reinvents itself every day. Immerse yourself in an environment that is fast-paced, expanding and is continuously inventing new efficiencies and offering great opportunity for our customers and for you!
Amazon’s UAE Retail team is looking for an exceptionally motivated and talented Vendor ops associate. The Vendor ops associate will be responsible for developing the buying side for one of the categories at Amazon.ae. Within this role, the individual will have the opportunity to establish and maintain strong vendor partnerships, manage inputs like selection , and identify means to improve vendor experience. You will work with vendors of all sizes and must have the leadership presence and communication skills to represent Amazon at all levels of these organizations. Experience in business analytics and operations are required
· Develop knowledge of supply/ demand trends and success drivers of your category
· Establish relationships and negotiate agreements/deals with leading manufacturers and brands. Drive new product launches and additions in the category
· Collaborate with vendors and merchandizing teams on promotions and marketing initiatives and coordinate with the Merchandising team to execute these activities
· Collaborate with operational teams to ensure healthy inventory levels while managing stock-out/ overstock risk
· Participate in day-to-day operational aspects of the category, including gathering and addressing customer feedback, price monitoring, business improvement initiatives.
· Be an ambassador within the industry and continuously enhance Amazon's position.
· Superior analytical abilities and quantitative skills. Comfortable with complex financial data.
· Polished communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
· High threshold for working in an ambiguous, fast paced environment start-up like environment – figuring it out and adapting as you go
· Willingness to roll up sleeves to get it done
· Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development
· Comfortable with “hands-on” management of tasks, and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Proficient in Excel
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.