Buying Director - Tanagra (Luxury Home & Lifestyle)
Job description / Role
INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
Our Buying Director is responsible for setting and implementing the offer & buying strategy for Tanagra, while working closely with different stakeholders on activations (new categories/ brands, differentiation of categories/brands, etc.), in alignment with the Tanagra vision. In addition, our Buying Director is responsible for the full life cycle of offer - what to optimize, accelerate, etc. life cycle of stock - what stock to buy, to where it should be allocated and to how it should be sold or disposed of, as well as managing the logistics of this cycle to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Setting and implementing the Buying strategy in line with the Business objectives and contribute to the overall process of decision-making
- Champion the relationships with supply chain, marketing, operations and ecommerce
- Set the yearly budget in line with plans and needs and monitor the implementation of the budget
- Generate and develop the gross margin and sell-out targets during budgeting and ensure they are accurate, achievable, challenging and aligned
- Ensure overall sell-out targets by store is in line with sell-out by categories at regional level and monitor the right lines of products are selected during buying
- Monitor buying cycles for all Brands and set the strategy for replenishment for the entire region
What you'll need to succeed
- Preferably have Luxury Homeware experience (multiband)
- Has existing relationships with high end brands, ideally some of the ones we currently carry in Tanagra
- Experience online and offline, with a strong understanding of how to target different customers (ie Gen Z and Millennials)
- Ability to set up Tanagra Buying strategy in line with growth for the next 1 - 2 years both online and offline
- Ability to build and lead a team of buyers
- Scout new brands to add to the Tanagra portfolio
- Collaborative mindset and strong relationship building skills
- Strong commercial acumen and omnichannel mindset
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognize the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.