Job description / Role
Buying Manager - Lacoste and Fila
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you will be doing
- Setting the buying strategy for the team along with objectives and KPIs
- Develop the buying team granting them full exposure to other areas of the business
- Champion the relationship building with Supply Chain, Marketing and VM functions
- Monitor buying cycles for all Brands and set the strategy for replenishment for the entire region
- Ensure that the potential of the stores, in terms of purchase, is well captured by defining store grading and assortment range by type of stores
- Ensure that the proposals of sell-out targets for in-season buying are set according to the best estimate on overall potential of categories by proposing sell-out targets per categories at the regional level
- Ensure that the right lines of products are selected during buying to ensure a high level of sell-out
- Set parameters of replenishment for basic references for the entire region (frequency, lead time, min-max, etc...)
- Ensure that the tools and KPIs are in place in all countries to implement replenishment
- Liaise with suppliers for discounts/ better terms when needed (or when supplier delays)
- Set the PLVs and budget
- Optimize turnover and profitability
- Handle category management for the Brand and assortment planning in stores
- Ensure that split by categories for a particular Brand is in line with the objectives set
- Monitor that breakdown by categories is consistent with objectives set
- Ensure that breakdown of purchase budget by category or SKUs in respect to objectives set
- Ensure that assortment planning of stores optimizes turnover and profitability
- Ensure that the Brand's catalogue of references is available in store
- Ensure that assortment is optimized throughout the season (transfers, discounts
- Inspire the team and provide continuous guidance and mentorship in order to create a performance-driven culture
- Drive the process of effective manpower planning, recruitment, training and development and ensure high level of employee engagement and motivation in the workplace
What you'll need to succeed
- 8 to 10 years relevant experience
- Extensive buying experience in fashion retail
- Experience with high volume buying
- Arabic is a plus
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.