Job description / Role
• Manage responsibilities related to the installation, repair, and maintenance of cable systems and associated hardware.
• Assemble and arrange material and equipment, explain and verify service orders, drawings, specifications, particular needs, and instructions, run, pull, stop and splice copper and fiber optic cables, such as CAT5, SE, CAT6, low voltage cables, and fiber, mount IT equipment while adhering to best practices and industry standards.
• Installation, termination and testing of all cabling (i.e. CAT-5e, CAT-6 6A, fiber optic)
• Fiber Optic terminating testing and fault-finding with OTDR and Fluke testing equipment.
• Undertakes the installation of data equipment, including data racks, patch panels, cable trays, labelling, etc.
• Installs devices for alarm, fire, access, and automation systems.
• Performs preventive maintenance and repairs by troubleshooting cabling system issues
• Experience connecting access control
• Ability to connect to HVAC systems (thermostat wiring etc)
• Any DDC/BMS panel experience will be beneficial.
• Keeps cable neatly tied and bundled while maintaining safety standard
• Completes required paperwork, such as: installation checklist, timesheets, service orders, vehicle inspection report and various other logs
AED 2,500 to 5,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Reports To: Project Manager.
• Direct Reports: None.
• Internal Relationships: Project Manager, Site Engineers, Procurement
• External Relationships: Customers, Service Providers, Technology Vendors.
• Knowledgeable of cabling products of manufacturer's i.e. Systemax, Legrand, Commscope, etc.
• Two (2) years of relevant experience in Structured cabling, Security systems (Fire Alarm, CCTV, Access Control) and HVAC systems
• Excellent time management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
• Must be self-motivated, must have an ability to work well in a teamwork environment, must exhibit a positive and professional attitude, and pay attention to detail.
• Presentations skills – experience in delivering information to a range of audiences, including corporate and division management.
• Valid UAE driving license
About the Company
Unified Microsystems is a privately-owned IT Solutions Provider with offices in Dubai, United Arab Emirates and Manila, Philippines. It provides IT solutions for clients in the Middle East, Europe and South East Asia.
Commissioning Engineer - CCTV
Abdullah A. AlMoosa Enterprises
Quality Control Engineer
RTC-1 Employment Services