Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in over 50 cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Careem is looking for a rock star growth hacker who has a passion for aggressive scaling. This individual will help lead growth charge, with quick iteration and prioritization of initiatives that identify and capitalize on scalable channels for Captain growth.
Growth hackers have a hustler-like personality, not believing in limits and always striving to achieve the unreasonable. This is a role that requires you to dream big for attaining growth, and then make those dreams a reality. Growth hackers are obsessed with measurement, always tracking and analysing the effectiveness of different initiatives.
- Define, test, and evaluate growth initiatives
- Drive massive upticks in Captain acquisition, activation, engagement and retention
- Understand and optimize loyalty and viral side to unlock growth
- Work on a cross-functional growth hacker team that is responsible for driving Captain growth through experimentation and prototyping
- Work with product and marketing to design and execute initiatives
- Analyse and report growth success to the management
- Do whatever it takes to achieve exponential growth in all of our markets
- You have 3-5 years of work experience.
- You have a degree from an accredited university, preferably in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- You are skilled at SQL
- You are good at data analytics and love making value out of data
- You are comfortable writing scripts to automate data and reporting processes (JS and other programming languages)
- You will have a big plus if you have a know-how on relational database structures
- You have a love of finding out of the box ways to solve problems
- You have the ability to seamlessly transition from high-level creative brainstorming to conducting and analysing experiments and sweating the details
- You are team-focused and highly collaborative
- You have an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Super Fluent in English language
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.