Job description / Role
We are looking for an efficient, positive and courteous Cashier who possesses excellent customer service skills. The Cashier will be responsible for:
- Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined at the school.
- Receive and receipt school tuition/fee payments; and to accurately report this information to the school Accountant.
- Disbursement of petty cash as instructed by school Accountant.
- Reconcile and balance petty cash.
- Prepare banking deposits as requested.
- Keep records of fee concessions and all related records pertaining to other school income.
- Assist the school Accountant in day-to-day accounting procedures.
- Sending invoices/Reminder letters to Parents for outstanding dues/answering parent queries related to receivables.
- Keeping records of staff fee concession granted and all related documents.
- Initiate effort and energy beyond the typical work day, where the tasks require additional commitment.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- A Minimum of 2 years working as a Cashier or Assistant Accountant within a school environment.
- Excellent English language skills including reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, databases and different software.
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to multi task and cope with a degree of pressure at peak times.
- A logical and relaxed individual able to interact with a variety of people from different backgrounds and cultures.
About the Company
The Beaconhouse group has almost 308,000 fulltime students in eight countries and is possibly the largest school network of its kind in the world. Established in November 1975 as the Les Anges Montessori Academy with 19 toddlers, Beaconhouse has since grown into an international network of private schools, imparting distinctive and meaningful learning to students all the way from birth – through its partnership in Pakistan with Gymboree Play & Music – to post-graduation, through Concordia Colleges and the Beaconhouse National University.
Of these students, close to 101,000 study at the group’s flagship network, the Beaconhouse School System, in Pakistan as well as overseas, while the remaining are largely enrolled at The Educators, a parallel school network operated by the group.
The Beaconhouse of today is thus much more than just a stand-alone school. Through distinct and independent divisions across multiple destinations including the UK, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Oman, the UAE, Pakistan and Belgium, it caters to the education and training needs of a large and diverse group of individuals of varying ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, and nationalities, with its activities also extending beyond education in some countries.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
National Power Construction Corporation Limited