Job description / Role
A Category Lead (food or non-food, depending on experience) position with a reputable, growing catering firm servicing a diverse portfolio of B2B and B2C clients.
• A reputable, growing catering firm servicing a diverse portfolio of B2B and B2C clients.
• Issue of Request for Quotations (RFQ), Request for Proposal (RFP) and the subsequent preparation of Quotation Evaluation Forms based on details provided on approved Purchase Requisitions.
• Conducting negotiations with the Vendors and the issue of Purchase Orders and Blanket Purchase Order Master Agreements in accordance with Departmental Policies & Procedures and the relevant DoA Matrix. Expedite delivery of the goods or commencement of the services as required.
• To use and fully understand the ERP System and online system for the receipt of Purchase Requisitions, uploading of documents, issue of Purchase Orders and calculation of savings.
• Sourcing suitable Vendors for goods and services that may be required for the Business Units. Identifying possible goods & services for approval by Manager and/or Director for including in the portfolio of Blanket Purchase Agreements.
• Liaise closely with Business Units to ensure that the correct goods and services are provided in terms of cost, payment terms, place, quality, specification, date, quantity and resolve any issues that may arise. Escalation of serious issues to P&C Senior Management and Vendor Relations.
• Teamwork and learning from mentors within the Senior Management of Procurement, Contracts, Vendor Relations and Quality Management Teams. Management of the specific Procurement team when the Line Manager is on leave, attending a training course or is otherwise unavailable.
• Managing of Procurement Projects as assigned by Managers and/or Head of
• Procurement Department which may include being part of a Tender Evaluation Committee (TEC) and compiling the documentation for Tender Reports for Contracts, BPAs and high value Purchase Orders.
• Other duties as needed or required and deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
• Growth, development, and end-to-end leadership of a complex and significant category within a sizeable, expanding business.
• Formal Education
• Diploma or Degree in Business related subject.
• Membership of CIPS or similar professional body would be an advantage.
• At least 4 years' experience in a similar role within an established local business entity within the Hospitality and Catering sectors.
Skills and Knowledge
• Good negotiation skills and an excellent communicator.
• Proactive approach and ability to work under pressure.
• Local, GCC and MENA F&B market awareness and experience in use of online ERP Systems.
• Preparation of reports as required by Department Management.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.