Job description / Role
At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organization that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing platform and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 90+ cities across 13+ countries and host over 15 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Join us in building a world-class institution in the Middle East and experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, to improve people's lives.
The role holder will spearhead growth and ensure product market fit for a specific category (Pooling, Tuktuks, Pooling, Mass Transportation, etc.) from Basecamp in Dubai. The individual would be responsible for understanding and analyzing the market positioning for the category, market trends and SWOT to create relevant strategies.
The role reports into the Director of Category Management
- Align the organization on the strategy, direction and target segment for this specific product.
- Communicating with Product, Product Market Fit, Experience teams to achieve highest product market fit possible.
- Support the Mountain Peaks (Markets) to set & achieve their targets.
- Effective & efficient communication between Mountain Peak Category Managers & Basecamp functions.
- Support launches of the product in the different markets.
- Share Good Case practices between the different cities.
- Ensure category brand alignment in all cities
- Create & constantly updating playbook for the category launches.
- Bring serious analytical horse power to ad-hoc analyses.
- Be a champion! Ensure best practices across the organization.
- Stay curious, innovate, be creative and be updated with the latest in the industry.
- 6-8 years of experience in managing a category and P&L responsibility (ride hailing experience preferred.)
- Very strong on business operations fundamentals, conceptual thought process.
- Experience leading high performing teams.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to a rchitect and experiment with new ideas, think through these pilots/initiatives and deliver clear outcomes.
- Experience in translating strategies into execution plans and drive them to completion.
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Brand Manager - Fashion
Sales Development Manager
Majid Al Futtaim Retail
Beverage Category Manager
Business Development Manager – Direct Sales (Architectural Composites Division)
General Manager - Freight
Middle East Executive