Job description / Role
The Category Manager will be responsible for employing Advanced Sourcing Strategies and Continuous Process Improvement techniques. The individual will be expected to manage the categories assigned to him/her where he/she needs to demonstrate value addition to the Company's goals.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Lead Procurement cross-functional teams by coordinating all business activities to achieve purchase decisions, which deliver the highest quality, reliability, and value to meet the Company's requirements through the development of strong business relationships and strategic alliances.
- Develop, advocate and implement sourcing and negotiation strategies for key spend areas to achieve short and long term savings targets.
- Evaluate submitted quotations on the basis of objective criteria using any agreed weightings and scoring process
- Negotiate with suppliers to agree contract terms and relationships that will achieve the interests of the organization
- Evaluate circumstances for the application of competitive relationships to improve value in the supply chain
- Evaluate the financial, commercial and technical capabilities of potential suppliers
- Identify the non-conformance of supplier performance and take necessary steps to rectify the same.
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with the preferred suppliers. Engage the suppliers in understanding the new innovations available in the market which can add value to the business.
- Conduct risk analysis on high spend commodities and suppliers; identify the opportunities for mitigation of such risks and carry out necessary steps.
- Assist or help in co-ordination of all post order activities on need basis until the material received in safe condition at the site and till the supplier gets paid.
- Ensure compliance with the organization's procedures that cover the Procurement process
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders and ensure you have a clear understanding of their business and roadmap.
- Influence, challenge and engage to gain stakeholder buy-in to new processes and ideas by articulating the benefits of change.
- Prepare and submit the various suites of reports to Line Manager on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Experience in VOD/Broadcasting industry.
- Passionate about delivering results.
- Strong Business Analytical and Planning skills.
- Excellent proactive problem-solving skills.
- Strong background in Negotiations.
- Must be dependable and show initiative to improve the overall throughput and financial goals of the organization.
- Ability to follow directives and procedures, along with ensuring compliance.
- Proven decision making and problem solving skills.
- Written and Verbal communication skills.
- Client Relationship management.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of responses we receive we are unable to provide feedback to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 5-7 days, please assume that at this stage your application has been unsuccessful.
About the Company
MBC GROUP is the largest media company in the Middle East & North Africa region that enriches people’s lives through information, interaction and entertainment. In 2002, nearly a decade after the launch of MBC1 in London, in 1991, MBC GROUP moved its headquarters to Dubai Media City, United Arab Emirates.
Today, MBC GROUP includes over 17 leading TV channels: MBC1 (general family entertainment); MBC2 & MBC MAX (24-hour western movies); MBC3 (children’s edutainment with a mix of both local productions and western acquisitions); MBC4 (entertainment for young families with a female-focus); MBC ACTION (an indigenous adrenaline-packed channel targeting young males with local and homegrown productions); MBC VARIETY (Western films and general entertainment with uninterrupted broadcasting); MBC DRAMA (24/7 Arabic drama) & MBC+ DRAMA (a joint pay-TV channel between MBC and OSN); MBC PERSIA (general family entertainment dubbed and subtitled in Farsi); WANASAH (24-hour Arabic music channel); MBC MASR & MBC MASR2 (general family entertainment geared towards the Egyptian family); MBC BOLLYWOOD (delivering the freshest in Bollywood content geared towards the region via an Arabized interface); MBC USA (on “Dish Network” in the US); MBC IRAQ (a premium channel aimed at the entire Iraqi family), MBC5 (new satellite channel dedicated to the Maghreb); all of them benefit from MBC STUDIOS which produces the region’s most compelling premium content for cinema, television and on-demand platforms. MBC GROUP also includes two FM radio stations: MBC FM (Gulf music) and Panorama FM (contemporary Arabic hit music).
Furthermore, part of MBC GROUP is Shahid and its premium subscription-based service Shahid VIP, the world’s leading Arabic streaming platform, home to highly rated original productions from the Arab world, a wide range of exclusive movies and premieres, as well as the top watched live Arab TV channels.